So Dragon Age 3 is happening, while future content for DA2 is shelved. Bioware is looking for feedback on the future of the Dragon Age franchise, and the first thing I thought of is, where can the story go? There are a ton of plot hooks out there, and any number of them could make up a worthy Dragon Age game. Here are the ones I can think of:
- The Warden and Morrigan – Morrigan leaves with the child that may or may not have the soul of one of the Tevinter’s old Gods.
- Corypheus – Speaking of, it’s strongly hinted that he has possessed the body of whichever Warden party was still alive after Legacy.
- Qunari – Especially this, in light of their importance in Act 2 of DA2 and Mark of the Assassin. They have spies everywhere, and nobody really KNOWS what they want.
- Mages VS Templar smackdown – I like this one, as it can involve folks like Wynne again, perhaps as leader of an ‘anti-resistance’ of mages that just want to get things back the way they were, and don’t want to resort to blood magic.
- Flemeth – Still around and causing trouble, implied to be even more powerful than we’ve seen. How do you kill something that seems to just pop right back up again?
- Dalish Elves – A wild card in all this. Could try to establish yet another homeland, though this might not be ‘epic’ enough to drive forward a whole game. Maybe DLC or expansion material.
- Tevinter Madness – We’ve so far only seen bits of these crazy mages so far, with Fenris and such. Lots of evil possibilities here.
- Something Else – Thedas is massive, and the little corner we’ve seen only scratches the surface. Many all-new adventures could happen, and might make sense since there is unconfirmed (to me at least) talk that our save games won’t be imported into the next game.
I’m sure I’m missing an obvious future plot hook, so if you know one, comment it up. I’ll add it to the post. What would you like to see, plot-wise? I’ll look at game mechanics in a later post.