Note: bigtime spoilers here, if you aren’t fully caught up.
I watched episode 8 today (both times it was on!) and am completely floored at what’s happening here. The show is moving through plot at a breakneck pace, and just when you think they might take a breather, BOOM, Tarrlok and Korra fight. And for Tarrlok to somehow bloodbend without a full moon, well, something is definitely up. This page has a very interesting theory on what is happening in the flashbacks (though he extrapolates a bit much, and I don’t think everyone in the room is being bloodbended or is that bloodbent?). My thought for the next episode is Beifong rescues Korra, but not until she finally gets some real meditating in, and gets some plot info from Aang in spirit form. Or at the very least sees the whole picture of what she has seen only bits and pieces of so far in those flashbacks.
Other random thoughts:
- I love the airbender kids. The fartbending was a bit much, but Meelo and Ikki were both fun.
- The Asami/Korra dynamic is great, though I would’ve thought Asami had noticed something between Korra and Mako earlier, so Ikki’s spillage wouldn’t be such a big reveal to her.
- It was good to see Team Avatar be effective, seems so many times they’ve been disabled or defeated pretty easily.
- Moving the show up to 20’s era society makes things quite interesting. Will benders be like the samurai, with ever-dwindling prestige in society as it becomes more technologically based?
- We need Katara back in the mix, I think. Perhaps she will teach Korra how to defeat bloodbenders.
- Is it Saturday yet?