- Both BG1 and BG2 will be getting the ‘Enhanced’ treatment – though what that is exactly hasn’t been laid out. Improved graphics, bug fixes, and Trent says it will be staying 2D isometric.
- The official expansions are included.
- There will be new content also.
- Much like playing Baldur’s Gate 1 via Tutu, all of the games will be using the latest Infinity Engine as a base (so all of the added classes/kits from BG2 will be available from the start).
- They want to support mods, but note that the original code wasn’t really designed for it the way Neverwinter Nights or newer games were.
- Oddly, this is NOT the game that is coming to Steam, so apparently a release there of the original game is still happening.
- ‘Summer 2012’ is the date of release so far, subject to change, I’m sure.
That’s what we know so far. I’ll add more as it becomes known.
edit: In response to a question about multiplayer improvements, Trent replied “We’re going to fix the broken bits”.