Second Chances - Civ V

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

Another Steam sale win, as they recently had Civ V on sale for something like $12 for the game of the year edition.  I hadn't liked the demo much, but for that price, I thought I'd give it another shot.  Helps that friends at work are constantly playing it now and talking about it.  I'm liking it a bit more now, though some of the changes still bother me.  Anybody else playing?
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Not me. I played the demo, and like you, wasn't really into it. If I want to unintentionally kill an entire day, I'll still put on Civ IV.

TheTick

IV is still my bread and butter, or II if I'm feeling a bit more vintage/on an older PC, but V has the advantage of friends not far beyond my own skill level still actively playing.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Ah. Yeah, I've never played multiplayer in any Civ games. I'm pretty sure I would be destroyed.