Best DnD PC Game?

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

Exactly what the poll says.  For someone who hasn't played actual pen and paper/play by forum DnD up until now, I've played a TON of these games.  What do you like?

I have a real soft spot for Temple of Elemental Evil.  It was buggy as hell, and the devs couldn't keep releasing patches thanks to lack of support (and sales).  But the user community took up arms, and after that, it became a great game.  Actual turn-based combat, rather than the adapted real-time-ish Neverwinter Nights.  It was a pretty good rendition of the 3.5E rules, so you could load your characters with true cheesy builds, which was great as the game could be pretty hard (at least for me).  Though I loved Baldur's Gate, I'm torn between NWN2 and ToEE for my personal favorite.

I still need to try Planescape: Torment.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Sputnik314

I have no idea. I've only played dnd once, and it's the one on the forum.

TheTick

These are computer games, and most of them are before your time. /oldguy
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Sputnik314

yes I know, I hear dnd is the very first rpg.