[PF] Crypt of the Everflame

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

I am seeking approximately 4 1st level adventurers.  They will be journeying to the crypt of their hometown's founder, Ekat Kassen, and symbolically lighting a lantern from the eternal flame dedicated to the town's hero.  The townsfolk play it up as a solemn and dangerous task, much as it was many years ago when Kassen set forth to defeat the enemies that had been plaguing the town, but it's mostly for show.  The return of the flame begins the celebration of the end of the harvest season. 

The important bits:

1.  Characters can be made from any first-party Paizo material (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ has most of it) but everyone is going to be from the town of Kassen, which is in Nirmathas.

2.  20 point buy, starting with the average gold for your level.  You will be getting a backpack with 5 days of rations, a waterskin, a tent and blankets, and other gear, so focus mostly on your own equipment.

3.  It's a 2 day trip to the crypt, so as you can guess from having a tent and blankets, you will be sleeping outside at least once there and back.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Scott R

w00t!

It's been a while since I've done one of these...

Are you intending this to be a story-telling game, or more a tactical type?

TheTick

It's a fairly tactical module, but there is a neat underlying story that can play out and I'd love to facilitate it.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Scott R

Here's mine:

All-Saints 'Sandy' Tippenroe
Species: Human
Class: Rogue
Level: 1

Description:
Sandy is a human male about 15 summers old.  He is slender; lean rather than waifish.  He has loose blonde curls and dark blue eyes.  He is trying to grow a goatee and is quite proud of the scraggle of fuzz on his chin.

Attitude:
Sandy is curious to a fault.

Backstory:

It's typical for children whose mothers die in childbirth to be named after the saint whose day they were born on.  Sandy's father considered himself completely ill-equipped to deal with the infant on his own.  He figured the best thing to do was invoke all saints every time the boy's name was mentioned. 

Thus, All-Saints Tippenroe— eventually called Sandy— came to Kessan. 

As he grew, his father (happily, gratefully) shopped him out to various tradesmen in the hope that he'd learn something useful.  Naturally cunning and quick-fingered, he learned a smattering of many trades— smithing, coopering, ferriering.  All were exciting to Sandy in their own time, but nothing truly held his attention until he took up illumination at a local monastery.  (To be honest, he meant to go visit the monks about their distillery.  The library distracted him.  No one was more surprised than Sandy.)

Being an apprentice illuminator has afforded Sandy the opportunity to meet and mingle with some of the most educated men in Kessan and the surrounding communities.  He occasionally acts as an agent for merchants, ranging up and down the river to settlements, lumber camps, and even as far as the city.  He has gained a reputation for being diligent, honest, and cheerful— though not exactly punctual. 

Spoiler for Stats: ShowHide
STATS:

Str: 12   (1)
Dex: 17 (3)
Con: 10   (0)
Int: 15   (2)
Wis: 12   (1)
Cha: 12   (1)

SKILLS:
Acrobatic ● *                        Dex      3
Appraise ●                        Int      2
Bluff ●                           Cha      1
Climb ● *                        Str      1
Craft                           Int      2
Diplomacy ●                        Cha      1
Disable Device *                     Int      2
Disguise ●                        Cha      1
Escape Artist ● *                     Dex      3
Fly ● *                           Dex      3
Handle Animal                        Cha      1
Heal ●                           Wis      1
Intimidate ●                        Cha      1
Knowledge                        Int      2
Linguistics                        Int      2
Perception ●                        Wis      4
Perform                           Cha      1
Profession                        Wis      1
Ride ● *                        Dex      3
Sense Motive ●                        Wis      1
Sleight of Hand *                     Dex      3
Spellcraft                        Int      2
Stealth ● *                        Dex      3
Survival ●                        Wis      1
Swim ● *                        Str      1
Use Magic Device                     Cha      1
●== Unskilled use
*== Armor/Encumbrance check

ABIL:
Sneak Attack— +1d6 dmg when target is denied their DEX OR if the target is flanked.
Trapfinding— +1/2 Perception when locating traps or Disabling a device.  Can use Disable Device to disarm magic traps.

FEATS:

Skill Focus— Perception
Weapon Finesse— Use DEX instead of STR for light weapons

EQUIP:

Leather Armor
Dagger (3x)

Lotofsnow

Interesting!

I'll think on it a bit and see if I have something I can bring to the table.

Lotofsnow

Pencil me in as a human warpriest.

When do you need my character completed?

TheTick

By next Wednesday, let's say.  Not in a huge rush.

Lotofsnow

Maura Zita
Portrait: ShowHide

Background, etc., TBD for my female human bow-focused Warpriest of Iomedae.

Stat Block: ShowHide
Maura Zita
Female human warpriest of Iomedae 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 60)
NG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +5; Senses Perception +3
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee rapier +3 (1d6/18-20)
Ranged longbow +4 (1d8/×3)
Special Attacks blessings 3/day (Good: holy strike, War: war mind), sacred weapon (1d6, +0, 0)
Warpriest Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +4)
. . 1st—magic weapon, shield of faith
. . 0 (at will)—create water, detect magic, light
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 8
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 13
Feats Point-Blank Shot, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (longbow)
Traits reactionary, sacred touch
Skills Acrobatics -1 (-5 to jump), Heal +7, Knowledge (religion) +4, Sense Motive +7
Languages Common
Other Gear scale mail, arrows (60), longbow, rapier, backpack, belt pouch, flint and steel, soap, spell component pouch, wooden holy symbol of Iomedae, 3 gp, 3 sp, 5 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Blessings (3/day) (Su) Pool of power used to activate Blessing abilities.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Sacred Weapon (Su) As a swift action, grant weapon enhancement bonus or certain powers.

--------------------

Mule      CR –
Mule
N Medium animal
Init +1; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10 (+1 Dex)
hp 13 (2d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft. (30 ft. in armor)
Melee 2 hooves +2 (1d3+1)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 4
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 13 (17 vs. trip)
Feats Endurance, Run
Skills Acrobatics -2 (+2 to jump with a running start), Perception +5
Other Gear bedroll, blanket[APG], feed (per day) (5), hemp rope (50 ft.), pack saddle, pot, small tent, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Endurance +4 to a variety of fort saves, skill and ability checks. Sleep in L/M armor with no fatigue.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Run Run 5x your speed in light/medium armor or 4x speed in heavy armor and keep Dex when running.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ ft. by sense of smell.

Scott R

Cool!  What program did you use to build the stats?

TheTick

Looks like an export format from PCGen.  Always a go-to for me for character building.

Lotofsnow

TheTick

Yeah, that's another one that works for this.

So I've created the forum for the game itself, and one thing you may want to check out is the People of Kassen post.  There are several people that could be good mentors or otherwise people that you've encountered in your lives.  I may post more later.

Lotofsnow

Is there something wrong with notifications on the board? I selected to be notified of new posts on this thread instantly, but I have yet to receive any emails.

TheTick

Come to think of it, I'm set up for that too and I didn't see them.  Will check into it.

TheTick

Yeah, those settings need to be updated for my new host.  Will figure it out sometime today.