Chapter One, Part Two: The Road to Brinewall

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

The lumbering ogrekin that approaches Owen takes a full-strength slash from the Paladin's sword, and howls in pain.

(it's still alive - initiative is below as I forgot Horcrust.  Owen's normal attack will occur on his turn.  Faraway/Neith, S'Vith and Horcrust still need to tell me what they want to do.)

Initiative List: ShowHide
Jeddy - 22
Ogrekin (green) - 16
Ogrekin (magenta) - 16
Faraway - 15
Neith - 15
Horcrust - 10
S'vith - 7
Owen - 7
Corby 1 - 6
Corby 2 - 6
Corby 3 - 6
Corby 4 - 6
Corby 5 - 6
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Having seen Owen's solid blow upon the first ogrekin, Faraway shifts into a flanking position and, while eyeing the advancing creature warily, attempts to take advantage of the flank.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Fighting defensively, so AC 20, -4 attack, +2 attack for flank
Attack on 1st ogrekin 1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16
Damage 1d6+4 : 2 + 4, total 6

Lotofsnow

A low whistle from the druid causes Neith to wheel around and guard the party's flank.

[spoiler]Readied action to attack adjacent enemy[/roll]

SteveRogers

S'Vith breaks formation and lunges at the nearest enemy, the howling ogrekin near Owen.  He slips between the beasts legs and wrestles the fiend into a headlock.

Grapple 1d20+8 : 13 + 8, total 21

SpamHead

Horcrust blasts the injured monster with fire:

Attack Roll: 16 + 2 = 18

Damage Roll: 5

EDIT: Actually, I just hit the one S'vith isn't grappling.

TheTick

The reeling ogrekin absorbs the blow from Faraway, spitting blood and shaking it's head, very nearly toppling over.  S'Vith takes advantage of the distraction to grapple the beast.  There is a yowl of pain from behind that ogrekin, as the other gets seared by Horcrust's beam of fire.

The three corbies on the ground to the north all run to the south, with one leaping at Faraway.  However, he manages to slip being raked by both of the creature's claws.  More troubling, the two corbies to the east disappear up the wall.

(The green ogrekin is nearly dead, and grappled by S'Vith.  The magenta one is hurt by Horcrust.  Jeddy is up.)
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Porteiro

Despite his recent track record, Jeddy decides again to try shooting a bolt.  He used to be much better at this.

But, true to form, he fails, not even coming close to his target.

(Rolled another 2.)

TheTick

Jeddy - 22
Ogrekin (green) - 16
Ogrekin (magenta) - 16
Faraway - 15
Neith - 15
Horcrust - 10
S'vith - 7
Owen - 7
Corby 1 - 6
Corby 2 - 6
Corby 3 - 6
Corby 4 - 6
Corby 5 - 6

The severely wounded ogrekin thrashes and shakes and very nearly breaks free from S'Vith's hold, but the monk manages to hold on.  The other ogrekin, still sizzling from Horcrust's blast, jabs Faraway viciously with it's spear. (-8hp)

Everyone but Jeddy back up, Faraway/Neith first.

Lotofsnow

Faraway, seeing that fighting defensively isn't proving effective, instead slashes at full force against the ogrekin who attacked him. Then, he leaps to the right, daring the creature to follow.

Attack 1d20+6 : 17 + 6, total 23
Damage 1d6+4 : 6 + 4, total 10

AC drops back to 18. Five foot step to the right.

Neith maintains her position, ready to sound the alarm if the creatures attempt to flank them.

SteveRogers

Wrestling with the ogrekin as it tries to break free, S'Vith desperately scratches at the beast's face with one hand, attempting to jab at the eyes.

Grapple Roll 1d20+11 : 14 + 11, total 25
Damage Roll 1d6+3 : 2 + 3, total 5

SpamHead

(I'm not sure if I'm out of my rays or not. If so, this is an acid splash)

Attack Roll: 1d20 = 14 + 2 = 16

Damage Roll: 1d6 = 6 / 1d3 = 3
(I used the same roll for both and decided to do that beforehand)

TheTick

Faraway's slash cuts flesh and bone on the singed ogrekin, but a second ray from Horcrust misses.  S'Vith manages to connect with eye-jab, and wrenches the other ogrekin's head to the side with a sickening crack, and the creature falls limp. (DEAD)

Just need Owen's move.

Phil

The battle is fierce, but Owen is convinced that if they can hold this doorway, the battle is there's.

"Stay strong, companions."

He strikes down the bird creature in front of him with a vicious slash.

14(1d20) +6 = 20; 11(2d6) +9 = 20
I'm taking the liberty of assuming this is a kill.

TheTick

Jeddy - 22
Ogrekin (green) - 16
Ogrekin (magenta) - 16
Faraway - 15
Neith - 15
Horcrust - 10
S'vith - 7
Owen - 7
Corby 1 - 6
Corby 2 - 6
Corby 3 - 6
Corby 4 - 6
Corby 5 - 6

Owen's killing of the corby provides a respite for the team, but it is short-lived.  The corby nearest to Owen steps over it's companion's body and slashes the Paladin, opening a gash. (-3hp)  The other corby in the courtyard disappears up the wall as well.

Inside, the cheer S'Vith feels at felling the first ogrekin dies in his throat, as the first two corbies to climb the wall leap down from the ladders inside the gatehouse.  One lands near the Monk, but S'Vith's agile reaction keeps him from harm.

(Jeddy is up.  Note the placement of Owen and Faraway - it was to avoid a miss chance due to cover.  Let me know if you want to step back to where you were.)