Character Build Collaboration.

Previous topic - Next topic

SpamHead

Well I guess I could leave behind the bedroll if the goblins have loot we want to carry back (but then again mount would be just fine for that)

Porteiro

As I'm re-doing my stats (for either middle or old age) and my gear, I discover that I'm running up against some carry weight issues.

In a nut shell, unless I bump up his str, he can carry pretty much nothing besides his armor and his shield without going up to medium encumberance.

But I'm thinking that might not be that big of a deal.  How long would it take him to shed his pack and be ready for action?

Phil

If issues did come up, it probably won't be too long before we have a pack-mule/wagon/mounts.

You can use Owen or Faraway as pack mules until then, if you wish. 

Porteiro

As it is, with him getting all old and stuff, I'm going to have to beef up his strength just for him to be able to carry his armor unencumbered.

Phil

Are you sure?  I think small sized armors are lighter than medium sized ones by half.

SpamHead

Once Horcrust gets higher-leveled the mount can carry some extra gear

Lotofsnow

Porteiro, we could get an exotic saddle, and you could ride into battle on the back of my animal companion. Hope your character isn't afraid of heights though.

Porteiro

Quote from: Phil on December 06, 2012, 02:11:34 PM
Are you sure?  I think small sized armors are lighter than medium sized ones by half.
Yup.  Even with armor weighing half, a 6 strength doesn't let you carry much.

SpamHead

Quote from: Lotofsnow on December 06, 2012, 03:11:42 PM
Porteiro, we could get an exotic saddle, and you could ride into battle on the back of my animal companion. Hope your character isn't afraid of heights though.

At level 5 or so he could ride on mount all the time.