Old Video Games You Love

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

Yes, this is me shamelessly looking for blog ideas...I have a few more posts prepped for my Old Game Tuesday feature, but I need more suggestions.  What old video games do you still love?  Wish you could play (or do still play)?
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Sputnik314

pong, the first of the first videogames, I still like it!

TheTick

Simple games are often the best.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Derrell

My favorite arcade game is still  Tempest.   

TheTick

I never really played Tempest.  I do love many of the classic arcade games, before they cost a fortune to play.

Sputnik314

There's a site that allows you to play any classic videogame for free.
but only on the condition that you cannot save your game.
one of my favorites is prince of persia.

Sputnik314

Has anyone played Contra? thats where "up up down down left right left right a b start" came from.

TheTick

Contra, you say?  Yeah, I've played it and beaten it, WITHOUT the Konami code.  Aaaand now the music is stuck in my head.

SteveRogers

A buddy of mine and I spent a couple of hours playing The Nightmare on Elm Street NES game last night, and I don't know how to feel about it.

TheTick

Never tried that one.  I hated scary stuff so younger-me would've avoided anything Nightmare on Elm Street related.

SteveRogers

It wasn't one I had played as a kid, but he just happened to have a copy.  Then we played the SNES game Bust-A-Move.

TheTick

Feeling the urge to play FF3/6 again.  Maybe I have some savestates somewhere...

SteveRogers

I've never really been a fan of Final Fantasy myself.

TheTick

They were just the right amount of epic for me, and since I was never very good at twitch games, even when I played them a lot, I could actually FINISH a FF game.  1, 2/4, 3/6.  Never finished 7 or 8 though I did play a lot of them.  Have 12, never really started it.

SteveRogers

I've heard a lot of people count 7 as their favorite.