Realm of the Fellnight Queen - In Character

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

"As long as it's accompanied by some silver, lad."
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

SteveRogers

"Three coins and a warning then.  My divine benefactor Sarenrae whispers tidings in my ear.  Some great doom approaches!  We should all flee!  She warns me. . . The slugs are coming!  Great and monstrous!"

TheTick

From the crowd comes a shout from an innkeeper.  "I know a recipe for giant slugs!"

"Well, that explains your stew."

Revas waves them off and continues with the bidding.  "That's three silvers, do I hear five?"
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Phil

Felicity finds herself unable to suppress a scowl. A doomsayer at my brother's wedding?  What foolishness is this?

The ranger says nothing, but the look she gives Felix could cut glass.

SteveRogers

"Our silver and gold will mean nothing when the slugs arrive, so open up your purses now!  Slugs are coming nigh!"

BigbyMichael

(al hears all this talks of slugs and starts to get a bit queasy. maybe one too many ribs.)

Lotofsnow

Hearing the shouting, though unable to make out the words, Bashir approaches the auction, first securing the chapel doors behind him.

TheTick

Revas continues on exhorting the crowd to bid higher, perhaps in an effort to drown out the doom and gloom slug predictions.

BigbyMichael

Al's eldest sister's suitor a rather stuck up foppish brat, bids 6 silver and almost immediately earns a huffy slap from his now ex companion which he shrugs off taking another drink and giving felicity a lurid wink.

TheTick

All eyes turn to Burhan.  Revas stops in his tracks then says, "Now THERE's a bid!  Good on you, lad, I'm sure Elyin and Kailah will thank you for your generosity.  Unless one of you cheapskates want to beat his bid?"  When no one else volunteers, Revas declares the bidding closed.  "Enjoy your dessert, and may your conversation be interesting."

As Felicity steps down, a young Gnomish bridesmaid steps up.  The smell from her dessert grabs your attention, and Revas grins.  "Now folks I know some of you have been waiting for Miss Lumi Reasonknot's honeyed pumpkin bread, so I'm starting the bids at 5 silver pieces!"  The bidding quickly escalates and Lumi turns red with embarrassment.  Two young men are one-upping each other's bids when yet another shout brings the crowd to a standstill.

"TEN GOLD PIECES!"

A figure pushes to the front of the crowd, eyes fixed on Lumi.  It's another Gnome, but one that is unnaturally pale.  Those of you standing near the townsfolk hear whispered words like 'Tenzekil' and 'the Bleaching'.  Lumi looked at him, then lifted her chin and is pointedly ignoring him.  Looking close, you can see she's scared and is putting up a brave front.

Phil

When Revas ends the bidding, Felicity is pleased to exit the stage.  She brings her confection over to Burhan and hands it over to him with a little curtsy.

"My thanks, Bashir.  Here is your extraordinarily overpriced brownie."  She gestures over to the tall fellow who was recently ranting about slugs.  "Bit of a nutter, that one?"

--------------------------------------

When the bidding starts for Lumi, Felicity watches with concern.

If there is any in-character knowledge Felicity might know about the gnomes, let me know.  Or I suppose you can roll me a Knowledge: Local check?

BigbyMichael

Al nudges as gently as possible but still jarring Lumi, whispers, "You ok? I'm right behind you."
Though still on the verge of upchucking she starts cracking her knuckles giving the pale male gnome a fierce stare; further alienating any potential bidders on her single malt. (hey someone has to bring the comedic value)

Lotofsnow

"Oh, um. Thank you," Bashir says while accepting the treat box. "This village has several strange people, so the words of this man come as no surprise to me, even if he claims to be a devotee of Sarenrae."

He extracts a brownie from the box and takes a bite. After two or three chews, his face turns momentarily pale. He finishes chewing rapidly and quickly swallows the bite before placing the rest back in the box.

"Interesting... texture," he manages. "Was that wild onion I tasted?"