Realm of the Fellnight Queen - OOC Discussion

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

All out of character discussion and questions can go here.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

I think I'll post in Teal for my character's speech.

Lotofsnow

Burhan will be watching over the gifts. He thought it was a security job, but it seems like he's spending most of his time making sure people don't just dump their gifts in the door in their hurry to join in on the eating and dancing.

Phil

With all my gear, I've got 2029gp left it looks like.  I don't currently have any wands or potions.  Do you guys think there's anything I need to have purchased?  I've never had a character this high of level, and don't know what sort of stuff I'm expected to have handy.

Here's my current inventory:
8400gp - +1 Flaming Composite Longbow
2100gp - +1 Mithril Chain Shirt
4000gp - +2 Belt of Incredible Dexterity
2500gp - Cloak of Elvenkind
2000gp - Ring of Protection
1800gp - Efficient Quiver
330gp - Longsword [Cold Iron, Masterwork]
301gp - (20) Arrows [Alchemical Silver]
12gp - (120) Arrows [Cold Iron]
110gp - Horse Mount [Light, Combat Trained]
12gp - Pathfinder Kit
16gp - Riding Kit

I also don't have any extra-dimensional storage (besides the quiver).  I could drop the Ring for a Handy Haversack, if that's wise.  Or something else.

TheTick

I usually use brown bold text for my NPCs when they talk.  I'm also holding onto lime green.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Phil

Also Tick, were we cool with Felicity being a younger sister? 

Phil

Something like this for me:  Sort of a sky blue

That clashes with the site's links and stuff too much.  Will try a different one.

Added:  Perhaps a different shade of green?

TheTick

I'm fine with that, Phil.  And I'm not someone that audits carrying capacity hardcore, if the riding kit has saddlebags I'm fine with assuming the mundane gear in the Pathfinder kit (bedroll and stuff) is with the horse.

Lotofsnow

Quote from: TheTick on January 30, 2015, 10:00:11 AM
I'm fine with that, Phil.  And I'm not someone that audits carrying capacity hardcore, if the riding kit has saddlebags I'm fine with assuming the mundane gear in the Pathfinder kit (bedroll and stuff) is with the horse.

Is that so? Maybe I'll drop my haversack then. My horse does have saddlebags. I'm sure I could find something to spend 2000gp on.

Phil

QuoteAnd I'm not someone that audits carrying capacity hardcore, if the riding kit has saddlebags I'm fine with assuming the mundane gear in the Pathfinder kit (bedroll and stuff) is with the horse.

Sure, thanks.

Though I do wonder about where my bow and arrows are.  I'd hardly have them out at the wedding, assuming Felicity is a guest.  This map looks like one where combat is going to take place. But if I have to fight our first encounter in a dress and with a paring knife, that could be amusing!

TheTick

I use common sense for carrying capacity and load - if your light load is 40 pounds, and you pick up a 1lb block of cheese to put you over, I'm not going to suddenly declare "oh no!  this block of cheese is too much for you!".  On the other hand, if you are at 39.5 pounds and you pick up a dropped warhammer and a suit of full plate, that's something different.

Who would EVER start a fight at a wedding??

Phil

QuoteWho would EVER start a fight at a wedding??

I know, right?

It'd be out of character for Felicity to be wearing her sword or bow, but if the fashion is such that she could conceal a dagger in her dress, that might make sense.  But again, having the first fight be somewhat comical for my character isn't the end of the world.

Lotofsnow

I would probably be dressed in my finest, which would be with scimitar and polished breastplate. Probably left my thieves' tools at home though, lol.

Not sure if I'll switch out the haversack. If I did, I'd probably just grab a ring of sustenance. Yeah, ring of protection is probably the smart move, but sleeping 2 hours and not needing food or water could be neat.

TheTick

Okay, so let me get down where everyone's going to be:

Burhan - Chapel of Shelyn, keeping an eye on the gifts
Alodia - Food Tent/Box Social area (I'll explain what that is in a bit)
Felicity - Rose Garden

Phil

Felicity will be wandering the rose garden I suppose.  Wearing whatever the other foresthawk guests are wearing (fancy clothes, uniform, whatever).  And similarly, armed, or not, as is appropriate.