Diablo III - May 15th

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

Seeing this as a real date now...it's strange, I haven't really been following this the way I normally do a game I'm looking forward to.  Maybe it's Blizzard's normal "when it's done" mindset, or the fact that Starcraft 2 disappointed me.  Maybe I should fire up Diablo II again to get warmed up.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Derrell

8) 8) WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!   8) 8)  I'm debating whether or not to get the collector's edition.

TheTick

I've never bought a Collector's Edition of anything.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

Not that that's bad or anything, but I could barely afford the games, let alone the game plus awesome swag that didn't do anything for you.  Now that they have special DLC, makes more sense.

Derrell

I did it.  The gift cards helped make the decision easier.  It was the combination of the skull, the USB soulstone, and the in game content that got me.

TheTick

A conundrum - I want to play this.  I've seen all the difficulties people are having, and dislike having to be 'always on' even when I just want to play by myself.  My laptop wireless doesn't always stay connected if I'm upstairs in the back of the house.  MEH.

Lotofsnow

I played the open beta and wasn't super enthusiastic about it and had not planned on buying it.

However, a bunch of my friends are playing, and after chatting with them about it, I broke down and picked it up. I made a Monk, and I'm enjoying him. I haven't had a lot of time to play though. Hopefully, I'll get some playing time in this weekend.

TheTick

I'll probably break down and get it once it comes down in price.  I haven't yet seen it below $55 though.

Lotofsnow

Yeah, Blizzard games rarely drop in price.

TheTick

Super-popular games with a long lifespan rarely do.  Not exactly Madden, where a new version is always right around the corner.  I may be waiting quite a while (and hammering away at Torchlight/Torchlight 2 in the meantime).

Lotofsnow

I really hope Paladin makes the first expansion or even some sort of DLC for Diablo 3. I loved playing one in D2.

TheTick

I finished D2 with both a Barbarian and an Assassin - my wife played a Paladin.  We usually played solo until we ran into problems, then we'd do a local game to hammer whoever was giving us problems.