Turn 4: Captive Audience

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan

It's because your fur was hanging in your eyes.  :wink:

T_Smith

Rorworr will trim the hair above his eyes and study the room more closely. Is that one turn or two?

Nighthawk

Quote from: "T_Smith"Rorworr will trim the hair above his eyes...
In an effort to be more helpful, Rann ignites his lightsaber and tell Rorworr to be very still... ;)

TheTick

Quote from: "Megan""Professor, what exactly do you think is going to happen? You're relatively safe here with us. I know you're set to leave, but I'll be honest: there was a veermok beating the living hell out of your speeder. I'm not sure you'll even be able to get out of here on your own."

Arani shrugs. "How long have you been here, anyway? Did they feed you?"

"I'm willing to risk it.  I'm not staying here with this riffraff.  As for how long I've been here, it's been at least two days.  They gave me what passes for food for their kind."

Quote from: "Nighthawk""I sense we're not alone here... Professor, how many others are in this place?"

"The only other one I've seen is the leader - a very large man in body armor.  They didn't exactly give me a tour."

Quote from: "Derrell"" You would probably be safer with us.  Unless there's something you're not telling us."

"You must finish the job you've started, and I would just get in your way.  Now excuse me while I go back to my speeder and get out of here!"

With that said, the Professor runs out the door and out of the temple.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

Quote from: T_SmithRorworr looks around the room to see if he can find any weapons, working or broken. Should he find any broken weapons, he'll make an effort to repair them.

There are two blaster rifles out on a table that the smugglers were obviously trying to repair.  Rorworr picks the first one up and starts tinkering.  The first one appears to be a lost cause (Repair check, 1d20+5=9, fail), but he manages to repair the second using parts from the broken one (Repair, 1d20+5=24, success).

The blaster rifle does 3d8 damage, and fires every round.  Let me know what you want to do with it.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Megan

Well, that's definitely an upgrade from Galak's 3d6 blaster. From my 3d4 as well, but I think Galak could probably make better use of it. Am I able to use Galak's, if he takes the rifle, or would I not be proficient with a pistol (since mine is a holdout style)?

Derrell

Arani can have my blaster if she can  use it.  Galak eyes the blaster rifle.  "I'll take the rifle if nobody else wants it."

T_Smith

Rorworr looks at the blaster he can not repair, and grumbles.

"Well... perhaps at somepoint we could use this in a bluff. I wonder if our enemies could spot that it isn't actually usable. If not, it could come in handy to intimidate them, or think we have more firepower than we do."

He thinks back to the speeder.

"I should have hidden that speeder," he says to no one in particular. "Could have pawned it for some credits. Ah well, at least we don't have some crazy professor we need to protect any longer, and undoubtedly, he'd have figured it was us and who only knows where that could lead." He says this in his own language, which is much gruntier, and much shorter.

Nighthawk

"Rorworr, I know you're attached to your bowcaster and all, but given the situation perhaps that's a better choice now that you got it working?"

Use it. The reload time on your bowcaster is ludicrous; you now have something that fires twice as fast for almost the same damage (3d8 vs 3d10).

TheTick

There isn't much else to do or see in here.  You guys can finish up any other RP you might have, and then there is another room on the other side of the power generator room you were in before this one, the barracks.

Derrell

"I'd love to have the rifle, but if somebody else can make better use of it ,they can have it.  We need  to get this figured out and come up with a plan to dealo with the guys in the barracks"

T_Smith

Nighthawk, I agree. It just seemed as if there was a general idea that Derrek would get it. Replacing my bowcaster is a good idea. Do I have the ability to still carry the bowcaster in like... a satchel or something?

Rorworr looks at Galak's inquiring eyes.

"No," he smiles, "this rifle is mine."

TheTick

I've always imagined (from EU SW stuff) that there is a way for the bowcaster to be slung over the back, so I'd let you carry both.

I will go ahead and write up the next turn (in the barracks) unless there are any objections.