Turn 1: Once upon a jungle clearing

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

As Rann circles around the speeder, he sees exactly what brought it down, and it wasn't the veermok (although it did leave a series of impressive dents on the side).  There are several tell-tale scorch marks from blaster fire.  One of the blasts damaged the computer, although it appears to be working for now.  Beyond that, the speeder is still in flying shape.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Derrell

"Whoever shot it down might still be  in the area.  We should get this done and get into some cover as soon as possible."  Galak keeps his blaster out.  "Rann, can you sense anything hostile nearby?"

TheTick

"The jungle teems with life, but there is nothing else threatening right now."  Rann glances at the scorch marks again.  "I'd stay on guard, however."
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Megan

Arani gives Rann a slightly feral grin and swings herself up into the speeder's cockpit.

"Sure thing. Let's see who this baby belongs to."

Computer use to get whatever pertinent information I can from the speeder (I think navigational information would be good, but look for anything else that's there and of interest).

TheTick

Arani taps away at the screen, but is unable to make much progress (Comp Use:  1d20+5=6, miss).  It appears to have failed over to an emergency nav system, and no amount of hacking is bringing it back (or giving access to any other files that might be contained therein).

Ouch on rolling the 1.  You do know where the shrine is, and can continue on to it if you like.

Megan

Aw, man. I should've guessed doing so well in combat would come back and bite me in the tush some other way.

"Guys, this thing's totally fried. Whoever shot it up bumped it over to the emergency nav system, and I can't seem to bring it out."

Arani sighs and climbs back out of the speeder, giving the system a frustrated kick as she does so.

Nighthawk

"Very well, guess we will do it the hard way. Whoever it was, they probably have not gone far."

TheTick

I'll write up Turn 2 at the shrine, you can RP here as needed if there are any loose ends you want to tie up.