New Car!

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

I tired of the bad mileage and general rough condition of my old Jeep, so I now have a 2007 Ford Edge!  It's got room enough for everybody (though my wife's van is still the best choice for a long trip) and I'll save $500 a year just in gas.  It's got airbags every which way, traction control, and the heat gets warm quick - definitely like that.  If it was in a color other than 'creme brulee'. ;)
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

rivka

Good Kirk. Evil Kirk. The only difference between them: eyeliner.
- anonymous commenter on The Enemy Within

TheTick

It is so, so comfortable.  I'll miss leather + heated seats, but the regular heat gets warm so fast it blows that away (we have different priorities in the frozen north).
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

rivka

Comfortable is important, especially if your commute is more than about 10 minutes.
Good Kirk. Evil Kirk. The only difference between them: eyeliner.
- anonymous commenter on The Enemy Within

TheTick

Well, might be giving the new vehicle a workout this weekend.  May have to drive to Pittsburgh and back.  Wish it was for a better reason.

Jon Boy

I installed a seat warmer in my car, and I love it. I hardly even need the heater.

Enjoy your new car!
Jon Boy is merciful!
—El Seed

TheTick

It is enjoyed, indeed.  Very happy.

Derrell