The Work Weather Thread

Previous topic - Next topic

El Seed

70 mph wind and driving rain outside.  Intermittant Internet.

Warming to 66 degrees and dry inside.
First: Never stand in back of a cow!

quis

Couldn't work from home today due to meetings, so of course this is the day they actually started working on my house. Stopped by at lunch and it seemed to be progressing well. Glad I did since the carpenter had a few questions for me that he'd just lined up in his mind instead of calling to ask me.

I think my Galileo is broken. That or it's over 82 in here.

El Seed

Foggy with 100 ft. visiblity and 40 degrees outside.  Another storm due in tonight.

75 degrees in the office. :x   I'm turning off the heater....

El Seed

Drippy today outside.  Cold inside.

TheTick

50s yesterday, 60s today, 40s tonight and tomorrow, and back in the 20s with snow by Monday.  All outside, of course.

I love Buffalo weather.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Tante Shvester

It was a freakishly warm 69 degrees yesterday.  And today they're talking about it warming up to the 60's.  At work last night, I couldn't say.  I plead for a personal day off, and slept for about 12 hours straight.

Smitty

It's been insanely warm here for January.  And wet.

On the plus side, Lake Smitty is coming along nicely.  In hindsight, it was probably a mistake to put it between the garage and the house.  I may have to get a canoe.

TheTick

We've had 60+ mph winds since about 4am, causing power outages for about 30,000 people.  Not us, for once.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

El Seed

Cool.  Our hurricane-force winds and outages were last week.

Today: Grey, overcast.  Drizzle.  40 degrees.

The office is warming to 65 degrees, but that won't help when I go down to raid our closing office.

[insert pirate emoticon]

TheTick

We actually have some sun now, which means my seat is slightly warm.  Slightly warmer than the food from the Cafe upstairs.

Smitty

I'm glad I can never say "We have 30,000 customers out of power."  I would think that would be depressing.

El Seed

Fog/Drizzle for the next couple of days, but then we dry out for a spell.

Inside, the heater is not at the right temperature for anyone.  For some it's too hot, others too cold.

I don't seem to be able to understand that this is the worst problem ever in the history of Mankind.  That seems to be followed by the fact that I don't understand that. :x

El Seed

Outside a warming trend is beginning.... With thick fog...

Inside computers are crashing. Restoring from a backup is not entirely enough... :x

TheTick

It never is...

Tante Shvester

The weather man, in a sad bid to get regular people to give a hoot about his pathetic existence, predicted heavy winter storms with snow drifts and yadda yadda ya, "in time to mess up the morning commute".

It kind of rained, then drizzled, then stopped by 4 am.

The night crew at work were all nervous about whether the weather would allow their relief to come.  On the 5th floor, they were saying novenas.  Throughout the facility, they were saying to each other "No snow yet, kaynehora, spit-spit-spit".  (I'm so proud of what I have wrought!)

True to form, I remained in denial throughout.  I refuse to believe that snow exists, up til the moment that I have to actually dig my car out of it.  Snow?  It makes no sense!  Water is clear and wet.  Ice is hard.  What is this fluffy white thing?  Some fictitious fantasy that the pathetic weather man is intent on convincing us exists.

When the day shift people started calling out, in anticipation of impassable roads, I told them that I wasn't accepting call outs, because it there wasn't going to be any snow accumulation.  When they reported for work this morning, they wanted to know how I knew.