The Work Weather Thread

Previous topic - Next topic

Smitty

Wow, you got it to snow in your office?  Sweet!

rivka

If it's sweet, it's probably not snow. Snow cone, maybe.
Good Kirk. Evil Kirk. The only difference between them: eyeliner.
- anonymous commenter on The Enemy Within

TheTick

That lake effect snow is a killer.  The sweetness comes from the dust floating from the Cheerios plant about 2 blocks over.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

El Seed

Today it's 39 degrees and soggy outside, 61 degrees and rising inside.

Forcast for a calm (dead) office and more filing.
First: Never stand in back of a cow!

El Seed

Winter Downsizing Warning

Employees are advised to watch out for rolling heads in the inland valleys as the company downsizes!

*takes shelter*

quis

:!:

El Seed

I'm always conflicted when they leave the heater up over the weekend.  On the one hand, it's such a waste.  On the other, it's really cold outside!

29 degrees outside, a balmy 66 degrees in the office, and warming.

Travellers should watch for drunken idiots on Highway 29 tonight.  Heck, they should probably always watch out for that around here with all the wine tasting.

quis

We rented a limo when we were there. We ended with the tour at Beringer (and my palate still wasn't fried enough to not spit out the included pour, *blech*) an wandering the grounds until we'd sobered up.

El Seed

That's the best way to do it.  Our problems mostly come from people in the greater Bay Area that come up for the day, only to try driving back south after.

Frigid today, outside: 29 degrees, inside: 65 and climing.  Big storms are on their way out of the Pacific, hitting tomorrow with lot's of snow for the skiers in the Sierra.

El Seed

45 degrees and calm outside.  That will be changing soon.  Gale force winds and buttloads of rain to come!

Inside its a nice toasty 67 degrees....

TheTick

Pretty chilly in here today, what a shock.  It's 11 degrees outside, so glad the winds are calm today.

This thread title always reminds me of Buffett's The Weather is Here.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

quis

Frozen pipes = no running water or plumbing. I'm working from home this afternoon.

El Seed

No plumbing at home?

TheTick

I'm thinking it's work where the plumbing done got busted, as they'd say in Alabama.

El Seed

Cool, workin' from home.  The quismeister, the quisarama... makin' copies....