Turn 5: Barracks of Smell

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

The door opens into a small, cramped room. A single glow lamp has been bolted to the ceiling, providing dull illumination. Four broken statues sit in the corners of the room with sheets draped over them. There are five cots crammed into the room, with food, clothes, and trash scattered on, around, and under them. There is a thick smell of stale food and sweat.
A single door at the far end of the room leads out.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Megan

Arani wrinkles her nose. "Charming. I'm not going through this pile of crap. If you guys want to search through it, you're on your own. I'm kinda curious about those statues, though I imagine they're just part of the original decor."

Arani sidles over to the nearest statue and peeks under the sheet to see what the smugglers hid.

Nighthawk

Sorry, in the middle of an ARG launch. I've been rather busy.

"Charming indeed... No matter, I don't think we can leave any stone unturned at this point. I'd suggest a look around, but let's be discrete about it. No sense in alerting others of our presence."

Rann begins to look around the area.

Derrell

"I agree that we should search the room."  Galak quietly searches the room.

TheTick

As Galak and Rann scour the barracks, they score 4 medpacks out of the trash and clothes that make up the living quarters for the smugglers.  Beyond that, there is nothing of use.

Each medpack can restore 1hp
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Megan

So...nothing interesting about the statues, eh?

"Well. Lovely. Now let's get the hell out of here, before I lose my lunch."

Arani approaches the far door cautiously. Nothing's been trapped in this joint so far, but there's a first time for everything.

Derrell

"Yeah, let's get out of here.  I think Rann should take point."

Nighthawk

"Right... Thanks..."

Rann heads to the other door.

T_Smith

Rorworr takes a look at his wound on his shoulder/arm.

"Perhaps I should take the rear."

Megan

Arani notices Rorworr looking at his wound.

"Hey, somebody slap a medpack on the wookie, before we go any further. It'd be good to have all of us in top form, yes?"

Derrell

Galak uses a medpack on Roworr.  Does this require a die roll to determin success?

Nighthawk

"Good thinking."

Rann approaches the far door, but before he touches anything he attempts to concentrate and see if he can sense anything in the next room.

Might as well do something Jedi-like... Will "See Force" work through the door in to the next room?

TheTick

Quote from: "Derrell"Galak uses a medpack on Roworr.  Does this require a die roll to determin success?
Nope, they only fix up 1hp anyway.

Galak applies the medpack to Rorworr's wound, and after a few moments it seems to have improved a bit.

Quote from: "Nighthawk""Good thinking."

Rann approaches the far door, but before he touches anything he attempts to concentrate and see if he can sense anything in the next room.

Might as well do something Jedi-like... Will "See Force" work through the door in to the next room?
Absolutely.  Rann steps to the door and concentrates.  "There are two living beings inside that room, and I would not say they are close to the door.  Room's probably pretty big."

Megan

"Alright, then. I suppose we should probably assume they're hostile. Everyone might want to move to the sides of the door. If it's locked, I'll do my thing. If not, well...I guess we'll see, eh?"

Once her companions have moved to the sides of the door, Arani stands to one side of the entrance and tries the door mechanism to see if it's locked.

TheTick

The door is not locked.