Character Build Help

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

The thread for anyone re-tooling their character for the switch to Pathfinder.

pooka, I'm recreating Imfei if you want to use what I have for her.  I'm probably making her a bit more healing focused than a typical Paladin due to reasons you guys will find out later.

Sputnik, you mentioned you want Taggart to be a Rogue now...still a Half-Orc too?
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Might want to give Taggart Weapon Finesse as his feat instead of Dodge.

TheTick

I had thought of it, but was hoping his not-terrible strength would carry through until level 2, where the rogue talent that gives the feat comes into play.

Of course, if Taggart being Half-Orc is negotiable, then the strength score may change.  But it seemed thematically appropriate for a Half-Orc rogue. 
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Yeah, that's a good idea. I forgot that he gets a bonus feat at level 2. Barbarians aren't quite so lucky.

TheTick

One thing I'll need everyone to do is pick where you are are from.  I won't make anyone use the campaign traits, and you can't really board at those locations since we are starting from another place, but it will come up when dealing with the NPCs later.

Lotofsnow

Mwangi Expanse. I'll take it as a trait just to get the bonus language. Seems it might come in handy.

Lotofsnow

Unless you'll let me swap orc out for it.

TheTick

FYI, linked up an example for Bigsby - a bit more bow-centric, at least at first level, but considering the makeup of the group, that may be advantageous.

Lotofsnow

Bonus is that Pathfinder bards get 1st level spells at 1st level!

TheTick

Yes.  And those are changeable, by the way, I just put some in for an example.

pooka

I think I'll be "boarded in Mediogalti".  Though my choice may be swayed but the opening scenario.  I've been slowly building my immunity to small centipede poison, since they are the hardest to spot.  My association with the lawless region has been in the capacity of a bounty hunger/vigilante.

Sputnik314

(This is pooka) half Orc and Rogue is good.  Also, boarded in Cheliax.

SteveRogers

The new Bigbsy sheet looks good to me.  It's pretty close to what I had for the 3.5 sheet but makes a couple of changes which will probably benefit the group as whole.

TheTick

That's what I was aiming for. :)

SteveRogers

Looks good.  There aren't any changes I'd make.  I did notice he lost a couple of the languages he'd been able to speak before though?