The Itch to Build

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

Really, really want to build (or at least upgrade) a desktop PC.  Even with the newer laptop.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

Some decent components on sale at Newegg, pondering.  Have a case, PSU, keyboard, mouse that I can use...
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

Discounts on many components via Newegg now...temptation increases.

Jon Boy

I'm not going to be able to build or buy a new computer until sometime after I graduate and get a real job. And I might end up buying one of these rather than building a new machine. I like the SFF format, but it's tough to build something cheaper than that.
Jon Boy is merciful!
—El Seed

TheTick

I've got a case and new PSU I want to re-use, though I'm debating on whether or not to get a blu-ray drive.  Think I'll save that for when I build/get a permanent media center PC.

Sputnik314

That is what my father always wanted to do, build a computer!

TheTick

I ended up just getting an external hard drive (finally) to do a true backup of things.  2tb can be had for a song now.