Stupid Router

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

The wireless radio looks to be dead on my router.  >:(  Says it's off, won't show an option to turn it back on, not detected by any device.  Rebooted, etc. etc., no change.  At least most of my PCs and game systems are plugged in with cables.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

OF COURSE I forgot to leave a note for UPS, so I'm sure my replacement router will not be there when I get home.  >:(
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

Remembered the note this morning, and applied more tape as it almost always blows off.  We'll see.

TheTick

New router in and working.  Now deciding if I want to put DD-WRT back on it.

TheTick

V2 version of the router, so no dd-wrt.  Grr.

TheTick

V2 version of the router looks to have DD-WRT now, which is good, since my internet performance drops painfully low with uPNP enabled on this.  Another stupid router!