Nook Tablet

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

Just got my wife a Nook Tablet.  Hope she lets me play around with it and put Ice Cream Sandwich on it. :D
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Ela

How's it working out?

And what's Ice Cream Sandwich? :)

(too lazy to google it)

TheTick

It's working great!  The Tablet (which is just the Nook Color with more powerful hardware) doesn't have any of the delays or slow response of the Color, and the screen seems more responsive to touch as well.

Ice Cream Sandwich is Android 4.0, which is apparently a bit harder to get on the Tablet vs. the Color.  But it's a great device even without it.  And I did see some ways to get regular Android apps on the Nook Tablet so I may not bother with ICS.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Ela

Oh, yeah, now that you explained it, I remember hearing about Ice Cream Sandwich. I didn't pay too much attention, since I don't have any Android devices. Nor do I intend to in the near future.

Glad the Nook is working out well for you. :)