Realm of the Fellnight Queen - In Character

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

Quote from: SteveRogers on February 05, 2015, 01:46:35 PM
"15 gold."

The pale gnome grits his teeth. "30 gold."

Lumi is startled by Al's contact, but smiles and nods.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

Before Felix is even done speaking the gnome shouts "SEVENTY FIVE!"
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

SteveRogers

Felix sighs, "There is a prophesy regarding this lovely gnome.  I will bid 150 gold."

BigbyMichael

Being from a shrewd merchant family Al is normally a skinflint ...but she's got no problem with dropping some coin to help a girl out.
She throws Felix 300 gold Let me help you out there skinny. Add that to the pot.

She whispers down to Lumi, I owed the groom that much on a bet anyways.

SteveRogers

TheTick

The gnome turns and storms off, disappearing into the crowd.

Lumi beckons Felix and Big Al over.  "Thank you for that.  Tenzekil is...not well.  I didn't want to be alone with him."

The auction will continue in the background, if either Felix or Big Al wish to talk to Lumi, feel free.

SteveRogers

"My dear, whatever seems to be the problem?  Why did he fume so?"

TheTick

Lumi heaves a sigh and sits on a nearby bench.  "Tenzekil was always trying to court me, but he didn't get...like that until last year.  Elyin's new farm started producing honey, and when it beat Tenzekil's in our town competition he didn't take it well."  She looks sad.  "It looks like the Bleaching is taking him."

Lotofsnow

"My apologies for listening in, but I could not help overhear. What is 'the Bleaching?'"

TheTick

"We Gnomes don't talk about it very often...when one of us loses their zeal for life, they begin to fade away.  Eventually, it is fatal, but before then it can unbalance the mind and prematurely age them."

SteveRogers

"How horrid.  What has this to do with you, child?"

BigbyMichael

Al's listening but standing slightly back not to cast anyone in shadow. She's completely forgotten about her single malt. (if you want to surprise the heck out of her.)
We've known each other a long time pipsqueak. These two seem ok. Go ahead and talk, I'm here.

TheTick

Quote from: SteveRogers on February 07, 2015, 06:00:37 PM
"How horrid.  What has this to do with you, child?"

"He always fancied me, but it seems it's gone from that to something darker."  Lumi takes a deep breath and gets up.  "But enough about all that.  It's almost time for the wedding to start!  Thank you all again for your generosity and kindness.  I won't soon forget it."

TheTick

The crowd was disquieted until Revas Benwold grabbed a pint, chugged it down, and started the next auction.  Soon enough the townsfolk and guests were cheering and hooting the bids, and Big Al's 'treat' was a particular hit.  Soon the oddity with the gnome was all but forgotten by most.

A sudden swell of music announces the bride and groom's approach.  Kailah and Elyin emerge from the chapel of Shelyn with the priestess Viviana by their side.  Bridesmaids and musicians follow behind.  Guests immediately gather in the amphitheater at the center of the grove.  Once the procession reaches the gazebo, Viviana calls up Felix to give his blessing before she begins her song.

As Felix passes by Elyin, he nudges him.  "Happy thoughts, friend.  These fine folks have had enough doom and gloom for one day."  He winks and returns to gazing at his bride.