Realm of the Fellnight Queen - OOC Discussion

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

For simplicity's sake, I'd assume the PCs have their weapons but not their backpacks or other gear.  Despite our genre knowledge, I don't think most characters would bring their Tanglefoot bags and Cure potions to the blessed event.  I could just see the husband and wife conversation.

"Why do you need fifty feet of rope???"

"I don't know Marilyn, what if I need to climb something?"

::searches through the bag more::

"MANACLES?"

"Well, I'm giving those to the bride and groom..."

::wife rolls her eyes::
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

SteveRogers

Felix is probably chilling near the gazebo.  I like the angle of him delivering a special blessing during/after the ceremony.  He wrongly considers himself to be clairvoyant (ie almost like a prophet), so he probably has some grand musings over the future lives of the newlyweds.

TheTick

A quick note on dice rolling - I do have the one working dice roller mod for SMF installed, which you can use by clicking the little die icon or just typing:

[roll]1d6+5[/roll]

which gives you this:

Rolled 1d6+5 : 3 + 5, total 8

You can also label the roll for what it is used for like so:

[roll]{Initiative} 1d20+3
{Attack 1} 1d20+4
{Damage} 1d6+2[/roll]

and you get this:

Initiative 1d20+3 : 5 + 3, total 8
Attack 1 1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18
Damage 1d6+2 : 3 + 2, total 5
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

Also, you cannot edit or preview a post with dice rolls in it, so if you want to type of a detailed description of your dynamic attack, roll the dice in the OOC and write up the result in the In Character post.  If you aren't worried about that, just roll the dice and I'll write it up as I process the monster/enemy turns.

TheTick

Burhan - Chapel of Shelyn, keeping an eye on the gifts
Alodia - Food Tent/Box Social area (I'll explain what that is in a bit)
Felicity - Rose Garden
Felix - Gazebo

Just for my own notes.

Okay, what's a 'box social'?  Basically the seven (single, unattached) bridesmaids have all prepared some sort of confection and they get auctioned off one by one.  It raises money for the couple (think of the dollar dance that happens at some weddings) and also it gets young men a bit of one on one time with a particular lady.

I'm not planning on RPing all seven of these, as this isn't a dating simulator, though it would be kind of funny if Felicity was one of the bridesmaids...

Lotofsnow

Haha. That would be awesome. Burhan bids 5cp for Felicity's box.

Phil

QuoteI'm not planning on RPing all seven of these, as this isn't a dating simulator, though it would be kind of funny if Felicity was one of the bridesmaids...

Hah, sure, why not. 

TheTick

Quote from: Lotofsnow on January 30, 2015, 03:03:35 PM
Haha. That would be awesome. Burhan bids 5cp for Felicity's box.

Already the out of context quotes are choice.

BigbyMichael

Sorry was mia,
Al is dressed as usual except her hair is done up and shes wearing make up for once (usually its out and down all the way to the small of her back) and shes wearing an apron while she serves etc. Spear slung on her back.
She's been sneaking and scarfing ribs and bits and pieces of food and a mug of ale here and here. Maybe a bit of sauce smudge on her face joking around with Revas Benwold.
(Despite being an elf her family associates with and wild shapes often to predators (wolves, bears, big cats etc.) so they also eat meat...al eats a lot of everything)

Als not a bridesmade due to her inability to look decent in a dress but still decided to throw in a bottle of 40 year old single malt whiskey (from one of the first brews she made) to the box social, to at least try her luck. She also gave a bottle of the same to the bride and groom as a present.
Oh did we figure if the loyal customer is the bride or grooms father?

BigbyMichael

BigbyMichael

Ok so new to this system
how are we using the roll button? is there a particular formula or do we just roll outside and enter our results?

Quote from: TheTick on January 30, 2015, 02:11:41 PM
Also, you cannot edit or preview a post with dice rolls in it, so if you want to type of a detailed description of your dynamic attack, roll the dice in the OOC and write up the result in the In Character post.  If you aren't worried about that, just roll the dice and I'll write it up as I process the monster/enemy turns.

TheTick

Quote from: TheTick on January 30, 2015, 02:09:45 PM
A quick note on dice rolling - I do have the one working dice roller mod for SMF installed, which you can use by clicking the little die icon or just typing:

[roll]1d6+5[/roll]

which gives you this:

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6+5 : 3 + 5, total 8

You can also label the roll for what it is used for like so:

[roll]{Initiative} 1d20+3
{Attack 1} 1d20+4
{Damage} 1d6+2[/roll]

and you get this:

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Initiative 1d20+3 : 5 + 3, total 8
Attack 1 1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18
Damage 1d6+2 : 3 + 2, total 5

This should have everything you need to know about the rolls - feel free to practice here or in another thread elsewhere in the forums.  Basically just put the dice you need to roll on different lines, highlight them, and click the die roller button.

1d20+4
1d8+3

Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12
Rolled 1d8+3 : 1 + 3, total 4

TheTick

In character thread is open!  Anyone who wants to do some RP can - my NPCs will respond when able.  The next thing to happen before the wedding itself is the Box Social.

BigbyMichael

going to say that since al is working the food and the taps serving and imbibing she is open for interaction from any pc or npc interaction but too busy to initiate

TheTick

Ugh, the weather here is pure misery, but I ended up in the office.  On the plus side I should still be able to get things moving along later.