Jade Regent - OOC

Previous topic - Next topic

Porteiro

I would like to call attention to a problem I'm having reading y'all's posts.

I have picked a different theme here on honkifyoulovejustice.com, because the original hurt my eyes.

My background is very light, almost white.

For example, I cannot read anything that Tick writes IC because it is too light.

TheTick

That...is a problem.  Let me go back to my brown/bold color for NPC text then.

That should help, after viewing it in the 'Curve' theme it looks better.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Porteiro

Anybody have any objections to me using the word "hobbit" instead of "halfling"?

TheTick

I won't tell the Tolkien estate if you don't.  Though I will probably still use halfling as it's what I'm used to.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

By the way, did you cut off the end of your IC post there?  'But harm...

Porteiro

No.  I don't know what those last two words were doing in there.  They've been removed.

TheTick

Sweet. :D  We'll see if anyone wants to pursue any other avenues then 'go to the marsh and look around' then move on, maybe tonight.  So make sure gear is finalized soon!  The marsh is an easy walk south from Sandpoint, only about 2 miles, which would give you plenty of daylight if you left in the morning for whatever option you choose.

Phil

Porter, I notice that Jeddy is a little older.  Did you consider making him "middle-aged"?  You get +1 CHA/WIS/INT in exchange for -1 STR/DEX/CON.  Not worth it for most characters, but for an Oracle I'd imagine its a close call.

Anyway, just something I wanted to mention.

Porteiro

That's a good idea.  Which means the changes I still need to make to my character sheet are:
1. gear
2. Apply traits
3. Apply middle/old age.

---

Phil, I also wasn't able to read your text without hilighting it all.   Unfortunately, I can't think of any solution that a) let's different people use different themes on this site, b) allows people to post with colors, and c) allows everybody to read everything straight off of the page.

Personally, I dislike b), but I know that a lot of y'all are big fans of it.

Phil

Well I tried updating it to blue, which looks good in "Curve" but then its not readable in the Glacier theme.

I'd imagine it very difficult to find colors that look good in both themes.   :'(

Phil

Porter, is my current color readable enough?

TheTick

Just got done hanging out on G+, so we'll look to maybe roll on down to the marsh tomorrow.

Porteiro

OK.  I'll need to make sure I find the time to get my gear in gear today.

About the color -- not really.  That is, I can read it, but it's still enough of an eye strain that I think I'd feel the need to hilight it, copy paste it, or read the Print view. 

I guess I'll switch back to the default theme today and see if that hurts my eyes less than the colored text.

I wish I knew a way that I could change the color for myself personally.  Some way to set up custom css pages perhaps?

Porteiro

QuoteThis kit consists of a backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a clay mug, a dagger, 2 fishhooks, flint and steel, a sewing needle, a signal whistle, 50 feet of string, 50 feet of thread, a waterskin, a week's worth of trail rations, and a whetstone. For Small creatures, the weight of a Pathfinder's kit is 7-1/2 pounds. Leaving the bedroll and rations at camp or on a mount reduces the weight by 12 pounds for Medium creatures and by 3 pounds for Small creatures.
How much does it weigh for medium creatures?

Lotofsnow

22 lbs. Halfling/hobbits are considered small though so it would only be 7.5.

As always, I can carry about 30 lbs. more gear before it becomes a problem.