Crypt of the Everflame - OOC

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakeesh

What language are they speaking, Tick? Initiative+1
Rolled 1d20+1 : 3 + 1, total 4

Rakeesh

Was hoping to throw a bomb at `em while they were all together like a boss. *sigh*

TheTick

Normally I'd do a map, but let's wing it theater of the mind style for this, as it's pretty basic.  The Orcs are about 60ft in front of you, with a fairly large tree trunk behind them across the road.  The ground is fairly open for about 10ft beyond the road itself, so 30ft or so total, which then gives way to dense forest/underbrush (consider it difficult terrain, movement costs doubled).

Rakeesh, they are speaking the common tongue, but you'd get the gist of the vulgarities just from the tone and rude gestures. ;)
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Nighthawk

Probably should have mentioned I'd consider trying to be stealthy, but I'm happy that I get to kill things.

I'll switch Ride for Knowledge Geography on my sheet shortly.

Lotofsnow

Time to kick some ass!

Initiative 1d20+8 : 1 + 8, total 9

Lotofsnow

Just getting the ones out of the way now.

Rakeesh

Sorry for all the conditionals and such, Tick. I just figured especially at the (very likely) bottom of the initiative I should have a couple of options already prepared so there isn't a bottleneck waiting for Kirdo.

Lotofsnow

Quote from: Rakeesh on January 27, 2018, 07:26:48 AM
Sorry for all the conditionals and such, Tick. I just figured especially at the (very likely) bottom of the initiative I should have a couple of options already prepared so there isn't a bottleneck waiting for Kirdo.

In my experience it is usually best to just wait until the people ahead of you post their turns due to how things can change throughout the round. Sucks to have to wait, but that's the nature of the beast (i.e. play by post).

Edit: All though 2 crits in a row is always fun.

Rakeesh

Makes me wish I hadn't specified waiting until they were in one range increment, that's for sure.

TheTick

Going to move things along today, some time.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

Dariel is first up, however, Diplomacy is by rule "generally ineffective" against creatures who mean you harm in the immediate future, in combat.  It's fine if you still want to give it a try, especially if it fits your character's personality.

Initiative order:
Dariel 22
Orc 1  17
Orc 2  13
Orc 3  10
Maura 9
Sandy 8
Kirdo  4

Scott R

Rakeesh

It just occurred to me that maybe a Spot or Listen check might have been worthwhile! We'll see-or not. Maybe Hauler has good ears;)

Nighthawk

I'm assuming they're still at range, so OK then... :)

ETA: Well that went well...  :o

Scott R