OOC Chatter

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveRogers

I'll have to fiddle with this some later and maybe make some changes to the actual character but keep the story and stuff pretty much the same.  I haven't had an opportunity to look at the archetypes stuff yet, but that sounds like a more convenient way to build a character.

Lotofsnow

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the archetypes. Essentially, you are sacrificing core class abilities for something more flavorful. In the dozen or so Pathfinder characters I've made, I've never found that to be terribly useful.

TheTick

There's no harm is staying with the straight class, but the archetypes are useful for people that think, "Well, I'd like to play X, but be focused on Y".  There are sometimes some big trade-offs (why do 75% of Rogue 'types take away the trapfinding stuff?) but they can be fun.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

By the way, in case the Player's Guide link wasn't a clue, I'm planning on running you guys through the Serpent's Skull AP.  Don't build characters for life aboard ship though, as the adventure is more Indiana Jones than Cutthroat Island.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!