OOC Chatter

Previous topic - Next topic

Nighthawk

Quote from: Lotofsnow on February 04, 2012, 06:42:38 AM
Who needs light? Darkvision!

Grr... in 4E you only get low-light vision and my raven gets darkvision. :P

TheTick

Barely a few minutes in, and Zedric is already setting things on fire.  Wizards.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Tick, if my battleaxe swing is enough to kill a rat, can we have my handaxe swing go against another adjacent one? Normally, at the table, I'd roll the battleaxe attack first and the handaxe second, so I could choose a new target. Kind of awkward to do that here though, heh.

TheTick

I'd go with that, as long as you can take a full-round action.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Sputnik314

I should have posted here first, but can you swing your longsword across the ground in order to hit all the rats?

Lotofsnow

Unless you have a spell or something that let's you hit multiple targets, you generally only attack one creature with an attack.

Sputnik314

Right, shotgun arrow burst indeed...

Nighthawk

Cleave allows that, doesn't it?

Anyway, several people have commented on how I should have gotten a crossbow and now I see why. With a whopping six spellcasts at my disposal I'm hesitant to burn them all on the first encounter, so now I'm probably forced to playing whack-a-rat with my quarterstaff.  ::)

Lotofsnow

Quote from: Nighthawk on February 07, 2012, 07:16:44 PM
Cleave allows that, doesn't it?

Anyway, several people have commented on how I should have gotten a crossbow and now I see why. With a whopping six spellcasts at my disposal I'm hesitant to burn them all on the first encounter, so now I'm probably forced to playing whack-a-rat with my quarterstaff.  ::)

Only one additional attack and only if you kill the original target. Great Cleave eventually allows you to continually attack targets in reach as long as you kill each new target.

TheTick

Ah, Great Cleave.  Used to great effect in ToEE with my Half-Orc reach-weapon wielding trip monster character.

TheTick

Just waiting for Zedric to decide which meatshield he wants to hide behind. ;)

Lotofsnow

It looks like pooka rolled a d6 instead of a d20 in his attack.

TheTick

I'll fix that when I roll it up later.  No biggie. :D

Nighthawk

Well *that* was humiliating... ::)

TheTick

Fairly certain the Zedric just whacked himself in the shin with that one.  Write up tomorrow.