Recent posts

Crypt of the Everflame / Re: Chapter One - Kassen Town ...
Last post by TheTick - December 02, 2018, 02:50:43 PM
Sandy notices some bones underneath one of the horses, but would need to approach closer to see more than that.  Nothing else is moving that you can see.
Last post by Scott R - November 27, 2018, 12:21:43 PM
Assuming that since Sandy is scouting ahead, he's the first one to see it...

He smells the slaughter before he sees it.  Blood and sour meat.  Sandy crouches behind a rock and pants as quietly as he can to keep from vomiting.  This was so much worse than the wolves.  How long since the horses has been slaughtered?  His mind races.  Flies had gathered.  The bodies stank.  Maybe hours? 

Sandy covers his nose and mouth and studies the scene from behind the rock. 

Can he tell anything else from here?  He would get just close enough to see/smell the bodies.  No closer than 30 feet, I guess.

Perception +9 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22
Last post by TheTick - November 27, 2018, 11:27:22 AM
The sparse trees at the bottom of the valley quickly give way, and you see your destination.

An archway of stone is set into the side of a small hill at the bottom of the valley.  Moss has overgrown many of the details, but one is still quite clear.  The keystone of the arch is carved with a flame symbol with a stylized rune in the middle.  Beyond the archway is a darkened tunnel that leads to a pair of massive wooden doors, one of which is slightly ajar.

A pair of horses and a trio of ponies lie slaughtered next to the archway, each corpse still tied to a post set into the ground
nearby. A swarm of flies hangs lazily in the air above them.

Last post by Lotofsnow - November 26, 2018, 09:35:41 AM
Mara seems to relax, but she is alert and ready for action. This "quick, uneventful journey" has been anything but, and she doesn't intend for it to fail now
Last post by Scott R - November 26, 2018, 08:38:21 AM
Sorry— forgot how to do the rolls— that first one is stealth, the second is perception.
Last post by Scott R - November 26, 2018, 08:37:32 AM
Sandy flicks the rain out of his eyes, and says over the noise of the rain, "Not much farther, right?  I'll scout ahead."

He moves off, keeping Mara in sight.
Rolled 1d20+7 : 11 + 7, total 18

Rolled 1d20+9 : 5 + 9, total 14
Crypt of the Everflame / Re: Crypt of the Everflame - O...
Last post by TheTick - November 26, 2018, 08:27:32 AM
We're back!  Make sure you've subbed to the main thread if you turned it off.
Last post by TheTick - November 26, 2018, 07:54:28 AM
Sandy, Maura, Kirdo and Dariel manage the steep, muddy descent without much trouble.  Checking the map, you see that you've reached the Serpent Gorge, and the Crypt of the Everflame is just ahead.
Last post by Scott R - November 23, 2018, 12:53:02 PM
I'm good either way.
Last post by TheTick - November 20, 2018, 08:07:52 AM
So still no Rakeesh, what I might do is just NPC his character so we can move, and if he pops back up, great, if not, I have a spot to add someone back in.