Chapter 3 Days 2 and 3 - More of the Same

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveRogers

Bigsby's body jerks with the force of a crossbow bolt hitting him in the chest.  He slumps slightly to the ground and catches himself on one hand and slowly tries to rise back up right.  With sheer force of will, he manages to stand.  He laughs almost maniacally as he readies his crossbow with another bolt and takes aim.

"Aye, dwarf.  They say the road to heaven be paved wit' gold.  But you'll be seeing nothin' bu' flames when I'm finished wit' ya."  With a battle cry, he looses the bolt at the dwarf.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Attack 1d20+3 : 10 + 3, total 13
Damage 1d6+1 : 6 + 1, total 7

TheTick

Imfei trades swings with her opponent, but nothing connects.  Bigsby aims and fires at the Dwarf, but the bolt whizzes just past his enemy's ear.  A shot comes back to Bigsby in return, but is way wide.  Taggart runs over and delivers a wild swing at the rogue, but it only serves to distract.

P4 22
Bigsby 21
Svingal 18
C 12
P2 12
Taggart 11
P3 10
Yiki 7
Imfei 7
P5 4
P1 3

Yiki is up, then Imfei.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Yiki perceives that Taggart has the dwarf sniper under control. Still energized by his rage, the half-orc plunges through the tent, emerging on the other side in a flanking position with Imfei. He swings his battleaxe in a lethal arc at the pirate between them.

2-handed chop 1d20+10 : 15 + 10, total 25
Damage 1d8+8 : 3 + 8, total 11

TheTick

Yiki nearly chops the pirate attacking Imfei in two, and the wounded Elf nods in thanks.  (Imfei can act still)
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

pooka

pooka

Imfei raises her bow and shoots at the ruffian in the woods.
Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4

Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

TheTick

Initiative: ShowHide
P4 22
Bigsby 21
Svingal 18
C 12
P2 12

Taggart 11
P3 10
Yiki 7
Imfei 7
P5 4
P1 3

Imfei's bow shot goes wide, but it does serve to put the dwarf on notice that he's outnumbered.

(Bigsby is back up)

SteveRogers

Bigsby takes aim and fires his crossbow again.

Attack 1d20+3 : 20 + 3, total 23
Damage 1d6+1 : 4 + 1, total 5

Sputnik314

TheTick

Bigsby's arrow embeds itself deep in the dwarf's gut, dropping him to one knee.  Seeing the other pirates all dead, and several wounded and angry adventurers bearing down on him, he drops his weapons and raises his hands.  "Stop!  I give up!  I give up!"

Svingal Stonefist, for that is his name, seems to have no compunction against giving up all the details of his captain's scheme now that she's dead.  Once bound, he explains how it worked - by shifting the light lower and to one side, ships bound for the port would instead run aground, and the pirates would row out in boats and take the cargo at their leisure.  When pressed about the whereabouts of the crews of the ships, he sighs and admits they tossed them onto the rocks.  "But we offered 'em a chance to join our crew first!" he finishes lamely.

Their stash includes twelve casks of salted meat (1 gp each), eighteen casks of wine and other spirits (18 gp each), twenty-eight bales of cloth (10 gp each), three casks of glassware (15 gp each), fifteen hundred copper ingots (30 pounds, 15 gp each), nineteen casks of oil (2 gp
each), and fifteen casks of herbs and spices (25 gp each).  Many of the casks have marks of the merchants back in town, denoting that's where they were bound.

Lotofsnow

We need to make sure these goods get to their proper owners.

pooka

Well said.  Perhaps we can now give rest to the unfortunate souls from the lighthouse as well.

Sputnik314

Oh wow!  We really need to find the original owners of these... um, produce?  In my book, unless you take it from origin or purchase it, it is never truly yours, even if you kill the thief that stole the item.
Taggart really follows the international "call your own shots protocal"

TheTick

New threads being created!  SteveRogers, if you need help creating a new Bard, let me know.  Also, for pooka and Sputnik314, I put sheets for your characters, subject to change as you might like.  Taggart is a rogue now, and Imfei is a Paladin with the Hospitaler archetype - basically a bit better at healing than a standard Paladin.  Might come in handy since you guys don't have a Cleric or Druid.

SteveRogers

I have a night class tonight, so I won't be able to update my sheet tonight.  But sometime this week I will try and get something together.