Turn 4: Captive Audience

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

The storage room is the largest chamber you’ve seen yet. It seems to be a large section of a hollowed out hill. It lacks the sculptures present throughout the rest of the shrine. There are several large piles of junk near the doors, including a table with two damaged blaster rifles and some tools. The back of the room is taken up by dozens of empty cages. One cage contains an elderly Naboo man. As you look around, a small spherical droid floats up out of the junk and flies toward you.  Rann immediately ignites his lightsaber.  "It's a training remote, but something tells me this one isn't set to give a little shock."
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Megan

Arani decides that taking cover would probably be the wisest option here, and dives for the nearest pile of junk. Then she draws her blaster and prepares to attempt to get a clear shot at the little flying devil.

"This is probably Rann's show," she thinks, "but maybe I can help out a bit."

Derrell

Galak finds cover and draws his blaster.  He will only fire if Rann doesn't destroy the remote with his first attack.

Nighthawk

Rann was never fond of these training remotes; he's been shocked enough times during his training to develop somewhat of a hatred for them. The fact that this one seemed angrier didn't make him feel any better.

Rann steps in to the fray and engages the remote.

TheTick

With practiced ease, Rann steps up to the remote and slashes it neatly in half (1d20+3=18, hit, 4hp).  The two pieces clatter to the floor in a rather anti-climactic ending to the fight.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Megan

"Nicely done!" Arani pats Rann on the back, then heads toward the cage with the man in it.

"Hello there! Are you Professor Tasrah Boh?"

Derrell

Good job, Rann.  Galak holsters his blaster and moves toward the cage.  Galak will allow Arani to question the prisoner.  Having everyone throwing questions at him might be a little disconcerting.

Megan

*nod* Especially since he's a friendly.

Nighthawk

"Thanks... it's not the first one of those I break."

Rann puts away the lightsaber as he approaches the prisoner.

TheTick

"Yes, I am."  The elderly man looks expectantly at the simple locking mechanism on the cage.

Megan

Arani chats with the professor as she undoes the lock.

"So! Why're they holding you prisoner here?"

T_Smith

Rorworr rushes to Arani at an impossibly fast speed, hoping he isn't too late to stop her from unlocking the door.

OOC: We should probably find out why he's a prisoner before undoing his lock- I haven't seen anything from TheTick saying he's friendly. No telling yet what his motives are.

Megan

Arani hears Rorworr rushing toward her, and stops mid-action, looking backward and (way) up at him. "Yes?"

TheTick

The professor falls awkwardly against the back of the cage as the Wookiee rushes over.  "I, uh, I was studying some old texts in the Royal House of Learning archives, and found mention of a temple in this area.  I was on my way out to see if it was worth a full archaeological dig when these smugglers blasted my speeder."

Megan

My kingdom for a sense motive roll! :D

Does he look shifty when he says that? Unable to meet our eyes? Or does Arani think he's telling the truth?

Without resuming her work on the lock, and glancing back and forth between the wookie and the professor, she says, "Interesting. Why did they decide to take you prisoner instead of just killing you outright?"