Turn 3: Power Overwhelming

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

The metal door opens to reveal a large round room with a domed ceiling.  Ancient carvings cover the walls, and a few glow lamps have been bolted over them.  A large power generator sits humming in the middle of the room.  Long cables snake out in all directions.  A small computer workstation has been set up on the far side of the generator.  Its lights blink, and its screen glows.  Two doors exit the room, one to the left and one to the right.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Megan

Arani glances in.

"Hmm," she says quietly, "Nobody there. D'ya suppose it's safe to head in there and check out the  computer, or shall we check for surveillance? Then again, there wasn't any above, so who knows..."

Arani peeks into the room and scans it for surveillance equipment.

TheTick

Arani inspects the room from the door, but doesn't spot any obvious camera systems or other sensor equipment.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Megan

"Well, I don't see anything."

As tempting as it is to just go in there, I think I'll give the rest of the group the chance to respond/rp before I do. :D

Nighthawk

Rann steps cautiously in to the room, motioning the others to follow.

He motions to the computer. "It's all yours, Arani."

Derrell

Galak follows, scanning the room carefully.  " I think we should check the computer terminal for boobytraps.  We wouldn't want Arani to get her boobies trapped." :wink:  :oops:   Galak wonders for a moment if he said that last sentence out loud.  He  also wonders what kind of sense of humor she has.

TheTick

lol.  considering her earlier banter with the Jedi, I wouldn't worry.  though you DID just see her blast some guy in the face.  Hmm!

Derrell

That's why I'm wondering about her sense of humor.  She might decide to blast me in the face, or somewhere else.

Megan

Arani laughs and shakes her head. "No, we certainly wouldn't want that. I'd hate to for one of you to have to free them." She tosses a wink at Galak.

Then, she considers the console. "I think it's unlikely to be trapped, seeing as they'd have to be able to use it on a regular basis. Still, better safe than sorry."

Arani examines the console, looking for traps, disables any she finds, and then goes to work on the computer itself.

I didn't see anything like a "search" or "check for traps," but since I have disable device, I assume it's all part and parcel. So that's one "looking for traps," one "disable device" if needed, and one "computer use."

Derrell

I spent the whole night at work wondering if I'd come home to find a blaster hole in my head.  After the remarks about Rann's big weopon, I figured Arani had an off kilter sense of humor.   :wink:

Megan

Tough and sense of humor are not necessarily mutually exclusive. It was actually a good way to break the tension post- me telling Rann to shove his disapproval where the sun don't shine. Galak is very diplomatic. :D

Derrell

Thank you.  I can understand Rann's reaction.  Jedi do believe that life is sacred and should only be taken when absolutely necessary.  I agree  with you tha the smuggler posed a security risk.  He couldn't just be allowed to wander around freely.  My own sense of humor is at least a little off kilter, so I suspect that Galak's is too. :mrgreen:

Nighthawk

I'm just afraid now that if I resist the advances for much longer she will shoot me...

TheTick

Satisfied there are no traps, Arani sets to hacking into the computer terminal.  She produces a small device that connects to the droid access port on the side, hammers away at the keyboard for a few minutes (Computer Use, 1d20+5=25, success), and then announces her success.

PMing you the details.

Derrell

I hope we didn't scare Arani away. :wink:   I want to know what she found in that computer.