Turn 2: Shrine Circus

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

The group continues on past the speeder and as the thick foliage of the jungle parts, they see an ornate stone building constructed against a hill. Vines cover the entire structure, but a large door can be seen in front. A small red light indicates a security lock bolted onto the ancient entrance, clearly a new addition. Shrubs and trees cover the hillside, making it difficult to determine the exact size of the shrine.  It’s obviously fairly large, extending back into the hill.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Derrell

"Well, somebody's been here recently, judging by that security lock.  Whoever put it on there  may have boobytrapped it. I wonder if there's a backdoor?"  Galak puts a hand on his blaster and will stand to tyhe side of the door while our resident electronics expert tries to open the lock.

Megan

Arani smirks. "That a hint, big boy?"

She takes a step towards the door, looking for any cameras or the like.

"Or are we more interested in scouting to the sides to see how far back this joint goes? I'm fine either way, but either way we'd better be watching for recorders and other fun security paraphernalia."

If the group agrees to go in the front door, I need to do the Star Wars equivalent of "check for traps." If I find something, disable device. If not, either disable device or computer use (whichever is appropriate) on the lock.

If the group doesn't want to go in the front door, let the scout do some scouting. ;)

Derrell

"I vote for examing the outside of the building.  Maybe there's a hidden door.  If not, then we can try to get past that lock."

T_Smith

"I agree that scouting for a different entrance is a good idea, but worst case, it's best knowing if we need to be searching for a key, maybe be trying to obtain entrance codes, or if we could just blast it off should the necessity arise worst case. I see that's already being looked into, though, so I think for now having a quick getaway might be nice. Let me examine the speeder bike to see if it can be repaired, and if so, I'll take care of that now."

TheTick

Rorworr heads off and works on the speeder.  Other than the computer damage, it's in good shape and more than capable of getting it's pilot back to Theed.  There's no navigation data without the computer, but Theed is not exactly a tough city to find.  The speeder's main downside right now is that it only holds one.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Megan

"I'm willing to take a crack at the door, of course, but there's a chance it'll alert anyone who's in there that we're here. If we want to get in, though, I doubt a key of any sort will be necessary," Arani says, trying not to look smug.

Turning back toward the door, she looks to see if there are any cameras or the like near the door.

TheTick

There doesn't appear to be any other new technology other than the door lock.

Just want to make sure Nighthawk concurs on the search/makes his suggestion.

Derrell

Pending the approval of Nighthawk and Nate, Galak votes to go ahead with the plan to try the door.

Galak draws his blaster and waits beside the doorway.

T_Smith

"Hmm, the speeder is in working condition, which is good if we need to get away. Perhaps we should hide it, so no one else takes it if we need it, especially if that someone is a criminal and attempts to flee the scene. Barring that, I actually do concur that scouting for additional entry points would be the wisest selection of choice."

While waiting for the group to decide, Rorworr scouts out the setting. Without actually leaving the group he sees if there are any good places to hide the speeder.

Nighthawk

Sorry, busy day. I keep having to look up the names... even my own.

"I wouldn't worry about the speeder for now, Rorworr. Don't think it'll help us at this point."

"Arani, please be careful. Something tells me they're expecting company in there, and not in a good way."

Otherwise, agree with the majority of the group, and kill anything that moves.

Megan

Arani winks. "Sure thing, hon. As careful as I always am."

Arani moves cautiously toward the door, watching for any traps, and then takes a look at the lock.

Disable device and/or computer use as appropriate to get in the door.

TheTick

Arani finds no traps, so she sets to work on the lock.  After a minute of furious tapping and prodding, the light on the lock turns green (Disable Device 1d20+7=17, success) and it falls open.  She waits for her friends to join her at the door before opening them.

More tomorrow.  Bedtime now!

Derrell

Galak breathes a sigh of relief. "So, who's going first?"   Galak will enter with the barrel of his blaster raised.  

Is the door wide enough for  more than one person to go through at once?

Megan

Arani chuckles at Galak's obvious relief. "C'mon, have a little faith! As for taking point, I nominate yon Master Jedi. After all, he's got such a nice big weapon."

She tosses a mischievous smirk toward Rann.