Forum questions

Previous topic - Next topic

Ela

The board seems to load exceedingly slow for me at times, compared to other boards I frequent. Any idea why that might be happening?

TheTick

I keep more features turned on than at Sakeriver, and this theme isn't exactly the swiftest...that could be part of it.  I've tried to find a more attractive/faster loading theme but there aren't many of those for SMF.  I've also had a few hosting hiccups of late.  Haven't noticed any overall response issues, though.  I'll keep an eye on it.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Ela

SR wasn't the only board I was using for comparison. ;)

I am on a few. :)

SR is one of the faster-loading of the boards I am on, though.

Jon Boy

Saxon also pays for dedicated hosting for Sakeriver, which speeds things up.
Jon Boy is merciful!
—El Seed

Ela

Yeah, that makes a difference.

HIYLJ is loading okay for me now, but the last couple of days it was loading exceptionally slowly.

TheTick

It eventually went down, and I had to ask support about it.  Maybe the server was grinding to a halt.

And hey, I don't mind people doing this as long as it isn't abused. ;)
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Ela

Huh. Hope it's worked out now.

El Seed

Under the deathly embrace of light, Outside, 'neath the Marquee Moon...                                                                                 Hesitating. 8)
First: Never stand in back of a cow!