[3.5E] Challenge: Crazy Cat Lady

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

The Fluff:  You are a young, fresh-faced Wizard, just out of school.  You are looking to make your way in the world, but times are tough for a city Wizard, and you have no stomach for adventuring.  The relief is palpable when the older woman walks up to you in the tavern and says she has a terrible problem that you'd be perfect to help with.  You jump at the chance and follow her out, not at all concerned that she smells vaguely of animals.  She could be a farmer, after all.

But she's not a farmer, and she invites you in at a small house on the outskirts of town.  She tells you to sit while she makes tea, and as you do, you get more and more unsettled.  Then you realize why:  from under every chair and table, on top of every bookshelf, in every doorway, you see eyes shining back.  Cats.  "You, uh, sure do have a lot of cats," is the best thing you can think to say.  You slip out of the chair and check the door.  Locked, and no key in sight.

From the kitchen you hear "Yes, dear, I love them so much!  Actually, that's the problem I need help with, you see," and she steps through the kitchen door, grinning...holding a pair of cleavers, "they're hungry."

The Crunch:  Make a level 1, Core/SRD Wizard.  Equip him with mundane gear.  Fill out his spells known and prepped.  Then run the cat gauntlet - escalating waves of cats (first 2, then 3, and so on) will take you on, until you fall.  I'm thinking if you get far enough in and survive, the final round will be a boss battle against the crazy cat lady herself.  If you need to know about your enemy, this is the cat entry in the SRD.  If you aren't too swift with building characters, we should be able to come up with a 'standard' wizard to use, just add spells.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

If anyone wants to try and custom build a Wizard for this, let's get those done by, say, Monday (4/23).  I'll have a generic Evocation-focused Wiz1 posted later.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Sputnik314

I'm interested. I just have no idea how to create characters at all. :(

TheTick

Well, as soon as I actually have the free moment I keep thinking I'm going to have (heh) I'll have a generic wizard folks can use.

Sputnik314

if thats the case, it's been a month and I'm getting impatiant. are you even making one?

TheTick

I might have time to finish the map and stuff tonight or tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

Sputnik314

I was wondering, will the Ryther dragon be a challenge of challenges challenge?

Sputnik314

I guess you must have neglected this forum.

TheTick

TheTick

Just moving it for now, still plan to come back to this idea.

Sputnik314

I know that this is archived, but Spacepook read this, and now she wants to join in and try this challenge, or so she says.  I wouldn't really count on it but there is a chance she might actually sign up.

Sputnik314

I finally got a character sheet, but I'm not sure if this is the desired specifications.  I also have no idea how to post it here.