Section 4 - Getting the Shaft

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

There is indeed a rope hanging from a shaft in the room where you fought the Hobgoblins.  If you wish to climb it and see what's up there, you can do it.  If you want to go look on your own, you can, though I imagine Zedric and Yiki aren't too interested in climbing until after a rest. (though they can say otherwise if they like)
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Zzzzzz...zzzzz...zzzzz....SNAWK...zzzzz....

Yiki swiftly drifts into earned slumber.

Sputnik314

Taggart is a little paranoid of the world.
I,Im not going if anyone else isn't going.

TheTick

Spoiler: ShowHide
HP after resting:
Taggart:  8/10 hp
Yiki:  6/14 hp
Imfei:  12/12 hp
Zedric:  5/5 hp

The night passes without incident, aside from the occasional loud blast of thunder from outside.  The salve and bandages seem to have helped Yiki - he can lift his arms without wincing, though twisting still brings a shooting pain in his side.  Zedric seems relieved that he lasted the night and has regained his power.

A further exploration of the room where the Hobgoblins made their stand finds no other useful materials.  Taggart scales the rope, but finds nothing but a makeshift camp at the top, with ratty bedrolls and the remnants of a fire.  It's obvious that these two planned on waylaying travellers on the nearby road.

Imfei's search for hidden doors comes up empty. 

The door out of the room to the north (where the Hobgoblins came from) remains unexplored.

If you want to check it out, set a marching order again.  Or let me know what else you'd like to do.  :)
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Sputnik314

Let's explore the room in the front, shall we?

Lotofsnow

Yiki grunts and strings his shortbow.

Sounds good. You fist.

TheTick

Heading North past the Hobgoblin bodies, the group travels a short distance before noticing a narrow hallway leading off to the East.  Looking ahead, you see the Northern path ends in a small room, with a stone slab in it (perhaps a sarcophagus based on the shape on top).

Which way?

Lotofsnow

Yiki coughs.

Ouch. Damn ribs. Either way is fine with me.

pooka

I'd prefer to follow my heart and turn left.

Sputnik314

I'm acctually thinking of going right this time.

pooka

Since you're leading, right it is.