Section 2 - Left for Dead

Previous topic - Next topic

Nighthawk

The wizard wobbles and sits down on the floor for a moment.

"What is wrong with you people?!? Don't do that to me!" he comments loudly, briefly clutching his chest as he tries to regain his composure.

Catching his breath, he moves to look about the room and the sarcophagus from where the creature came. He gestures towards his bird to do the same.

Zedric's Spot check:
Rolled 1d20+3 : 14 + 3, total 17

Quoth's:
Rolled 1d20+5 : 10 + 5, total 15

TheTick

Zedric reaches up and feels around on top of the now-headless statue.  Quoth flutters up and starts tossing aside what appear to be rat bones and dried fur, when the wizard's hand happens upon something smooth and metal.  Zedric brings it down and examines it, and finds that it's a ring.  It appears to have something etched on it - in two different languages - but Zedric cannot read it.

A search of the rest of the room finds nothing else of note.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Sputnik314

Taggart asks Zedric to hand over the ring

hey zeddy, maybe it's orc language.

Lotofsnow

"Har har har! You'd like that wouldn't you, Mr. Savior of the World? Har har har!"

Yiki's laughter reverberates around the stone room has he slaps Taggart on the back.

Sputnik314

The end with you then, I tried to be nice! Read the ring yourself then.

Lotofsnow

"Relax, my friend. I'm sure the fine wizard would know if it was our shared orc tongue. Besides, if it ain't magic, who cares? It isn't magic, it is, Zedric?"

Nighthawk

Zedric looks at the ring for a minute, unable to comprehend the runes on it. He shows it to the raven, but gets nothing more than a blank stare.

"Oh well, here goes nothing..." he says as he puts it on.

I put on the ring. I figure if I'm going to die, it's going to be gloriously and in the pursuit of arcane knowledge... instead of trying to whack rats with a stick.

TheTick

As Zedric places the ring on his finger, he staggers for a moment as his brain adjusts to new knowledge.  He begins speaking in not one but two different languages.

[DM]It's a translator's ring, which grants the wearer two additional languages known.  In this case, the ancient language of dragons (and lizardfolk, and kobolds), and the Abyssal language of demonic outsiders.[/DM]
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Nighthawk

Zedric begins to speak to Quoth in draconic, further worrying the bird that he may be possessed.

"Let's move on... That is, if you all are up to the challenge? I don't have many more ways to bail you out..."

Lotofsnow

Haha! You've done enough. What do you think? Head to the center room?

TheTick

In some ways, it seems like hours since you entered the western room, even though it's been only minutes.  The dead rats in the entry room have barely cooled, and the storm is raging as hard as ever outside.  From the entry room you can see another room to the right that appears fairly undisturbed, but not much is visible down the long hall to the north.

Sputnik314

Taggart says to go to the one on the right.
I'm okay with the room.

pooka

Nothing like rats cooling in the torchlight.  Okay, let's go.

Lotofsnow