Section 1 - Shelter from the Storm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

Taggart swings again at the rat in front of him, this time connecting and nearly splitting it in two. (hit, dead)  Another rat leaps up at Imfei, and she manages to bat it away before it can do any damage (miss).  Another moves up and attacks Yiki, opening up another gash (hit, -1hp), however his axes finally cut the offending beast and, one other for good measure, to pieces (two hits, both dead).  One last rat enters the fray and delivers a nasty bite to Imfei's ankle

Spoiler: ShowHide
Rat 1
Rat 2
Rat 3

Quoth
Rat 4
Taggart
Rat 5
Rat 6
Rat 7
Yiki - 12/14hp
Rat 8
Zedric
Imfei - 11/12hp

Red means dead, yellow has already acted. Zedric, then Imfei one more time.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

pooka

Imfei swings at the rat.
Rolled 1d6+4 : 3 + 4, total 7

Rats begone!

Nighthawk

Zedric steps up next to Imfei and considers unleashing another wave of magic, but instead attempts to jab at the nearest rat.

"I hate these diseased vermin..."

Step up next to Imfei (5' step North, if that's close enough; I know 3.5 is weird about diagonals), jab at rat with quarterstaff... What the hell, I gotta try this at least once. :P

Attack:
Rolled 1d20-1 : 10 - 1, total 9

Damage (if by some miracle I hit):
Rolled 1d6-1 : 1 - 1, total 0

TheTick

Imfei's attack connects with one of the last two rats (hit, dead), leaving only the one left.  Zedric attempts to hit it with his staff, but barely manages to ruffle it's fur (miss).
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

Can change if anyone chooses to do something other than 'attack the rat'

Taggart sees the one rat and swings his blade, but narrowly misses the vermin. (miss) The rat attempts to bite the Half-Orc, but the movement through it off. (miss) Yiki growls as he sees this and charges the rat, swinging his two axes wildly.  The heavy battleaxe goes astray, but the handaxe strikes true, and with that, the last rat is dead. (miss, hit)  The adventurers look around, and let out a sigh of relief.

The previously sealed doors have all broken open.  You can see smaller chambers to the left and right of where you came in, and straight ahead is a long, narrow corridor.

Time to figure out what you're doing next!

Sputnik314

Taggart suggests going to the door on the left

You know what they say, "keep to the left"

Lotofsnow

Quote from: Sputnik314 on February 09, 2012, 10:42:21 PM
Taggart suggests going to the door on the left

You know what they say, "keep to the left"

Yiki shrugs, doing his best to wipe rat blood from his axes.

"Sounds good. We're not going anywhere soon. Might as well check around."

Nighthawk

"What? 'Keep to the left'? Who said th..." Zedric pauses, realizing it's a lost cause. "Fine. Left it is. After you..."

TheTick

I'm considering that a consensus - new thread for the new room.