OOC Chatter

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

This is your 'Out of Character' chatter thread - if you have a question or want help to figure something out, ask here.  Or just taunt Nighthawk after he gets chewed to death by a fluffy bunny.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Nighthawk

I hate rabbits! ;)

At least I have two big half-orcs to stand behind, though. :)

Sputnik314

I'm really puzzled by a post you wrote in character creation,
QuoteYOU can be killed by half-orcs farting, I suggest sleeping 15ft away
I also posted my pusslement there.

TheTick

Just explained, only poking fun at Nighthawks brittle wizard self.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Sputnik314

Sorry, I posted this before you could explain.

Nighthawk

Since you ask about the cat...

Spoiler: ShowHide
Wizards traditionally have but a 1d4 as their hit die, so it was common to have a wizard with only 2-3 hp at level 1. That compounded with their weak AC (cloth only) made them vulnerable to a lot.

The common house cat, as stated in the D20 SRD, has a +0 to hit and causes 1d2-4 damage. So it usually only needs a 10 or greater to hit a wizard, every attack does 1 HP damage minimum, the cat gets more attacks per round (2 minimum) than the wizard does and the cat usually wins initiative due to its dexterity.

So, at least on paper, it's quite possible a cat can knock a wizard unconscious in one or two rounds. :P

Now, a technical question and I don't have access to the books right now: remind me how my level 0 spells work? I know for level 1 and up I'm at the mercy of Vancian magic and have to "ready" everything, but do I have to ready a limited set of level 0 spells as well? Or can I cast any one of them so long as I don't cast more than a total of 3 a day?

TheTick

Yes, same deal for the Cantrips.

TheTick

If Pooka/Imfei has anything she wants to do before the door gets tried, I'll let that go, otherwise, I'll write up a turn tonight.

pooka

What do I do?  What do I do?  I don't know what to do!  So the door has already been noticed.  Should I not try to notice anything else? 

Lotofsnow

I'm slightly confused. Is there another thread I'm not seeing? Apparently Tagart is at some sort of mansion outside his house?

Sputnik314

Oh, that's Hightower, you know, the place you peek into? 

Sputnik314

Also, can only the Dungeon Master choose which monsters come and when?

pooka

Yeah, that's why he was excited to get the game going.

Sputnik314

Sputnik314

According to my backstory, I should be accross the street from Hightower, but pooka has told me in private messages that I'm not getting the point of what is going on.
I don't understand what she is saying either.