Character Creation

Previous topic - Next topic

Nighthawk

Why did this forum stop notifying me of updates? Argh!

Guess I'll be a caster... Gosh, it's been a while since I create a 3.5 mage. Let me work on it today and tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

TheTick

Did you set this thread to notify you?  I know you mentioned it for the recruiting thread...

Might be nice to have some mystical backup for all these brain bashers (though we'll see what Sputnik comes up with...).
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Quote from: Nighthawk on January 28, 2012, 11:43:32 PM
Why did this forum stop notifying me of updates? Argh!

Guess I'll be a caster... Gosh, it's been a while since I create a 3.5 mage. Let me work on it today and tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Yeah, I usually lean towards spellcasters, but I'm playing a spellcaster in my *ahem* other D&D game. I didn't want to start confusing things, if you know what I mean.

TheTick

Twisting the knife, there.

When I played the PC versions of NWN2 and ToEE, I favor Clerics, though my NWN run-through was with a Rogue/Duelist this last time.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Nighthawk

I usually play rogues and rangers, but I already have such characters active in other games (rogue in a WotC forum game, ranger in Kalevan).

I'll work on it today, see what inspiration I get.

pooka

Sputnik/Tagart would like to be a Ranger.  Can I be a Paladin or what's involved in that?

TheTick

Pooka, a Paladin can be done, no problem.  The Elf race isn't ideal for them, but if there is a story there, go for it.

Ranger can be done too.  For a Ranger, I need to know what Favored Enemy he wants - you can see the options here - and by level 2 he'll need to pick between a focus on bows or two-weapon fighting.  Basically you get a free feat in either of those paths (Rapid Shot for bows, or Two-Weapon Fighting for well, TWF) without having to meet the requirements, but beyond that it doesn't restrict anything.  Nighthawk might be more up to speed on Rangers than I am, so he might be able to give some tips.

pooka

I think the story is that the elf is a Royal bodyguard for the elf queen in her native forest.  Though I may have to come up with a less fuzzy wuzzy name.  How about Imfei?  I don't know much about the elf language pattern, if it needs a suffix tacked on. 

Lotofsnow

Yiki the half orc was sentenced by his tribe to marriage to the beautiful, buxom clan heiress. He would have to live a life as clan Chief, full of luxury and peace, never again wielding an ax with deadly precision, a broken tankard in wrathful vengeance, or his sword in gallant seduction. This is no life for a young 17 year old half orc! Maybe someday, but not today. Chiefdom can wait. There are heads to smite!

Nighthawk

I'm torn between an elf or a half-elf. Wizard (limited spells... Ack!) tentatively named Zedric with a raven familiar tentatively named Quoth (zing!).

I have him basically done, just need to do things like equipment and whatnot. Also have to re-read the caster rules and the background of the module to decide on his story.

TheTick

I'll put the full background up once I know more, but the gist is, you are all traveling west to a town called Seawall, a few days away.  You don't have to be friends, but are going together out of convenience (strength in numbers and all that).

Pooka, that works great.  The name sounds elvish enough to me. :D  A Paladin fits as someone that might serve as a bodyguard.

TheTick

I should have a Paladin sheet ready for your character tonight, pooka, and am trying to wrap my head around one for Sputnik's Ranger.  We need one from Nighthawk, who I know had a rough day yesterday.

pooka

THanks, I have browsed the SRD a bit and some wikipedia.  It's a lot to take in.  I'll see if I can find a player's handbook at the library too.

Nighthawk

Here's the character I put together, which probably needs some serious review because I'm betting I missed something.

Zedric, half-elf wizard (evoker)

Quoth, his raven familiar

Raven speaks Elvish, apparently. :P

Still haven't quite worked out the background story, but I'll wing it.

TheTick

OK, once I clean things up here and post up the other sheets, we can get started.  Pooka, we can guide you guys a bit if needed.  This won't be too rough on you.  Heh.