Chapter One, Part Two: The Road to Brinewall

Previous topic - Next topic

SpamHead

"Wait, this will be faster!" Horcrust summons his phantom steed and begins helping Ameiko on.

TheTick

(going to assume Faraway gets her on his horse to save a spell for Horcrust)

Faraway starts off with Ameiko, but as soon as he wheels around back the way they came, the young woman starts thrashing about, nearly knocking both out of the saddle.  She screams, "NOOOO, don't go, cannot leave!", and then babbles something in Tien, then again in the common tongue.  It stops as soon as Faraway pulls up and stops moving away.

Koya moves in.  "Here, put the child in my wagon."
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Bewildered, Faraway follows Koya's orders unhesitatingly.

SpamHead

TheTick

Koya is stronger than she looks - she helps Faraway and Owen get Ameiko in the bed she'd made up at the front of the fortune teller's wagon.  The thrashing subsides, and Ameiko appears to be at rest.  Occasionally her brow furrows and she whispers something, one time it sounds like, "Grandfather is there waiting, but he knows not who he is...."

Koya sits back for a moment, then turns to the the group. "Can any of you detect any evil presence here?
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Phil

"I will make the attempt.  The grace of Sarenrae lends me this gift."

Detect Evil, though not sure where.  It doesn't take long to do, so I guess a 360 sweep of successive detections.

SpamHead

"I wish I knew what is happening, it is probably the power of Brinewall, or its enemy's. Although I find the second more likely now that I think about it." Horcrust casts resistance, for all the little it might do.

TheTick

Sandru nods to Horcrust.  "My boy, you may have the right of it - whatever it is that's causing this, it seems likely it has to do with Brinewall, someone there...or something."  He heaves a deep sigh.  "Perhaps you and your friends should go ahead and investigate the town and castle."

SpamHead

Well, I already have a horse up, might as well use it.

"Bet 'ya I'll get there first!"

Horcrust hops on and gallops towards Brinewall.

TheTick

Shalelu holds out a hand to stay Horcrust's hasty exit.  "There's no way a horse can travel that path.  Here, let me come with you all - I'll go crazy waiting here, and Sandru and Koya can take care of Ameiko."

SpamHead

Horcrust looks ahead and is disappointed to see the Sandru's point and decides going into unknown territory with mysterious magics is probably not a good idea without someone else in front.

"Yeah, there should be someone more sturdy in front. Owen, lead the way." He gives the paladin a friendly smile to tell he means that in the best possible way.

Porteiro

"I don't like this, but I don't see how we have much choice.  You stay here, and see if you can do anything to help Amiko.  We'll go forward, and see if we find anything there that will help her.  Are we agreed?"

Lotofsnow

Faraway flashes a wary glance at Shalelu after she requests to join the excursion. He shakes it off immediately though. She's a scout. It makes sense for her to come along.

"Less talking and more walking," the druid chants. As he begins to lead the way down the path, he spares a look at the sky and grunts in satisfaction as he spies Neith widen her slow circle in order to match the pace of the forward party.

SpamHead

Horcrust keeps a wary eye for both man and magic (detect magic).

Phil

Before leaving the wagon, Owen attempts to reassure his friend.   

"My lady...  stay strong.  We will cleanse this evil that has ensnared you.  Have faith."  Owen says a short prayer to Saranrae, then exits.

Once out in the air, Owen draws his sword and grips it tightly.

"Yes, I will lead.  Stay close.  And may the gods have pity on whatever warlock has cursed Ameiko."