Jade Regent - OOC

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

This is for all of your Out of Character chatter.

Phil, I'm going to 'borrow' your Sandpoint map and more importantly, the key for which places go with the numbers on it, since you already have it in text format.  :D
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Phil

Sure thing.  It took me a while to put that together, may as well use it if it'd help :).

TheTick

Posted some background on how things will be starting. :D
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Phil

Awesome.  Should we respond in character now or should we wait until everyone has their character background worked out?

Edit:  The thread being locked should have been my first hint.  Nevermind :).

TheTick

Yeah, I'm just using that for infodumps - this is stuff you might be assumed to know, so there it is.  The game will start, cliches be damned, with you all in the Rusty Dragon, talking about these events and how to best help.

Lotofsnow

For my animal companion, does she act on my druid's initiative or on her own? For play-by-post purposes, it might be easier if she acted on my druid's.

TheTick

If you don't mind, going the simpler route with you directing it on your initiative, probably works better.

Lotofsnow

Works for me. Just wanted to clear it up before combat actually started.

Honestly, I have never played or run a 3.5/PF game as or with a druid.

TheTick

I don't really play druids much either, unless the game hands me one (like NWN2).  The fluff has never been something I've wanted to explore, preferring clerics for my divine casting needs.

Lotofsnow

Yeah, I'm focusing less on the divine casting and more on the potential wild shape aspects (assuming I ever get there).

Phil

I haven't made any pure casters yet.  None that I've submitted to a game anyway.

I seem to like hybrids best.  Like Ranger/Paladin/Magus.  I like weapons :).

Edit:  Not that some full casters can't be effective with a weapon.

TheTick

That's why I like clerics - I can smash things in the face with a mace, and then bless you afterwards. :D

Porteiro

So, it looks like I'm the last one to get my act together and finish my character.

Again. <_<

I've been busy this weekend and this week so far, but I should be able to do it on Thursday night. 

TheTick

Don't worry, man, I've been pretty busy myself.  I will be gone Friday and Saturday, though light posting may still happen, depending on hotel internet costs.  Let's look at Monday as a soft deadline to kick things off.

SteveRogers

Quote from: Porteiro on November 14, 2012, 09:17:17 AM
So, it looks like I'm the last one to get my act together and finish my character.

Again. <_<

I've been busy this weekend and this week so far, but I should be able to do it on Thursday night.

Don't feel bad.  I haven't done any back story stuff for my character yet.