Character Build Collaboration.

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

If you have a character concept you need help building, come here!
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Phil

Lotsofsnow, was your statblock generated by your software or was it something you did by hand?

I could follow the same format, if that'd be helpful.

Lotofsnow

Phil

QuoteThe statblock that myth-weavers generates is fine for that, Phil.  Just need a quick reference for Initiative, saves, AC, etc.

Cool, I actually have to dip into my work's web-filter "quota time" for my mythweavers sheet, so will do that sometime later today.  I may also give Hero Lab a spin.  I like trying out new software for this stuff.  Assuming its free.

Lotofsnow

Lotofsnow

How about this:

Owen Statblock: ShowHide
Owen
Male Human Paladin 1
LG Medium Humanoid (human)
Init +1; Senses Perception -1
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +1 Dex)
hp 16 (1d10+5)
Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft.
Melee Greatsword +5 (2d6+6/19-20/x2)
Special Attacks smite evil (1/day)
Spell-Like Abilities Detect Evil (At will)
Paladin Spells Prepared (CL 0):
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 16
Feats Power Attack -1/+2, Toughness +3
Skills Acrobatics -3 (-7 jump), Climb +0, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist -3, Fly -3, Knowledge (nobility) +4, Knowledge (religion) +4, Ride -3, Stealth -3, Swim +0
Languages Common
SQ aura of good
Other Gear Scale mail, Greatsword, 50 GP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Aura of Good (Ex) The paladin has an Aura of Good with power equal to her class level.
Detect Evil (At will) (Sp) You can use Detect Evil at will (as the spell).
Power Attack -1/+2 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Smite Evil (1/day) (Su) +3 to hit, +1 to damage, +3 deflection bonus to AC when used.

Phil

Thanks, looks good.

I also added the NPC connection, that seems to be a big part of this campaign.

Lotofsnow

Cool. Yeah, I didn't see any traits on your character sheet.

Phil

I'll make sure to add them next time I get a chance.  Haven't picked out the second one yet. 

Lotofsnow

Ok. I saved the Hero Lab file of your sheet (who knows, could be useful as an NPC some day), so if you ever want me to just update your statblock or whatever, let me know.

Porteiro

Quote from: Phil on November 06, 2012, 09:18:35 AM
Porter, any new concepts or still thinking Oracle?
Both of the character types I'm thinking of right now are pretty similar from a gamist perspective, even though they're pretty different from a role-playing perspective.

The first is "charismatic cult leader" type oracle ex-patriarch.

Similar is a "stern country preacher" type Wisdom-based cleric ex-patriarch.

They'd both fill very similar roles in combat, but be completely different to role-play.

Thoughts?

Lotofsnow

Personally, I'd love to see the "cult leader" butt heads with the paladin.

Phil

QuoteThoughts?

I like the "cult leader" better, but maybe that's from my own personal aversion to "stern country preachers".  *shudders*

Have you given the Player's Guide for this campaign a read-through?  I think when deciding between concepts, the link between your character and one of the four central NPCs is kind of a big angle to consider.  There needs to be a reason you agree to go with us on this caravan.

TheTick

I would be curious as to how a cult leader would fit in around Sandpoint.  They seem pretty dedicated to their Gods.  Now, I think the campaign NPCs like Ameiko wouldn't mind as much, so the character could still work fine, but may encounter a few odd looks and some mistrust along the way.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Maybe a fleeing cult leader, taking refuge in Sandpoint until the ire of his former cultists dies down a bit.