When it rains, it pours

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

...or snows, I guess, considering where I am.  I'm selling my car, as soon as the buyer's tax return comes back.  So of course today, when leaving church, the car dies.  Looks like it's just the hose that carries the transmission fluid around, but I'm dreading that all of that draining out and the car grinding to a halt did real damage to it.  UGH.  I just want a new-ish car!
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Jon Boy

One time my transmission hose popped off while I was driving on the freeway. It started dropping into lower gears, so I pulled over and ended up pushing it into a gas station parking lot with the help of a random stranger. Luckily all I needed to do was clamp the hose back on and add about five quarts of transmission fluid. There didn't appear to be any lasting damage.
Jon Boy is merciful!
—El Seed

TheTick

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for here.  Looks promising, anyway.  Just wish I got home before 12:30 am...
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

That's exactly what it was, the hose.  Whew.  Now I just need the kid who wants to buy it to get his tax return.

TheTick

In additional life silliness, we had an impromptu trip to Pittsburgh yesterday as the nursing home where Jen's other Grandmother (not the one here that watches the kids) had a seizure.  She has a lot of them, but they called all the children and said it was time to come.  It turns out she's fine, at least compared to how she's been the past few years.  Even remembered my father-in-law, and she loved seeing Thomas and the girls.  What was supposed to be a day trip ended with us sleeping over at my brother and sister-in-law's place, with a lot of air mattresses, sleeping bags, and my niece babbling to herself incoherently at 2:30am.  Good times.

rivka

Good Kirk. Evil Kirk. The only difference between them: eyeliner.
- anonymous commenter on The Enemy Within

TheTick

Yes, even when it leaves you smelly and ill-humored on a 4 hour ride home. ;)

TheTick

Thomas had asked to do something special with me tonight - which he doesn't do very often, so I was REALLY looking forward to it.  We decided on going to see a movie (Tintin again, at the $4 theater) but he got a headache after school and was miserable most of the evening. :(  He ended up sleeping where he lay (at Grandma's) and I hope I find time this weekend to sneak away with him.  He did really well at school, including only missing one spelling word, and he deserves a fun time.

TheTick

Eva has an ear infection. :(  She's been miserable since yesterday, and managed to barf up her meds tonight.  At least everyone is asleep now.

rivka

TheTick

Yeah, hard on mom as she really doesn't want anything to do with me if there is an option for either of us.

rivka

TheTick

Eva managed to take a full dose of medicine tonight without ralphing all over us.  And is already asleep despite a long nap this afternoon.  Not bad kid.

rivka

T_Smith