Crypt of the Everflame - OOC

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakeesh

Unfortunately, Kirdo's bombs do fire and splash damage. He's not thinking his most clearly at the moment, and in any event enjoys throwing bombs. So if the conditions were right and he threw one, I hope it's not too dry! He's also forgotten about the possibility of illusions.

Lotofsnow

TheTick

Sandy and the Wolves will act in the surprise round.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

Initiative order:
Maura - 27
Wolf 1 - 22
Sandy - 8 (-4hp)
Dariel - 8
Wolf 2 - 6 (-7hp)
Wolf 3 - 3
Kirdo - 2
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Scott R

Does standing up invoke an attack of opportunity?

Rakeesh

I believe AoOs happen only if you stood up and tried to move out of the spaces adjacent to the wolves, right? We're done with the surprise round and back at the top of the order, right Tick?

Lotofsnow

I'm confused to what round we are in. I thought Sandy still had to go in the surprise round, but I see Kirdo already went even though he's last in initiative. Was that in the surprise round as well? I guess I'm not sure on the status of things or what wolves have been hit and whatnot.

Rakeesh

My interpretation is that what was described was the surprise round-that Kirdo didn't take his turn, so much as simply start to wake up and get missed by a wolf (presumably because the wolf rolled really badly). Sandy took a shot at one of the wolves, his own surprise action. I could be mistaken, of course.

Lotofsnow

Ah. I was confused because I didn't see the results of your action in TheTick's post.

I'll just wait until he chimes in before taking Maura's turn.

Nighthawk

I'm a bit out of it right now... Heck, I posted this in the wrong thread. :P

I forgot how to resolve my secondary attack. I have Two-Weapon Fighting, so I don't know if it's a straight up roll of it there's penalties to it, so I'm going to roll it as-is and you can adjust the roll as needed.

ETA: I'm assuming these aren't vermin... right? :D

ETA #2: Natural 1 on off-hand attack, so it doesn't matter. But I'd like to know for future.

And your dice roller can die in a fire; it's given me more natural 1 d20 rolls than any game I've ever played.  :-[

TheTick

Just the wolves and Sandy went in the surprise round, and I need to add the sneak attack die to his shot.  We'll be in the normal initiative order after that.

Standing up from prone does provoke an AoO, move action.

Maura's up next.

Lotofsnow

Oof. 13 doesn't seem great. Damage isn't bad though.

Nighthawk

Quote from: TheTick on February 26, 2018, 09:43:43 PM
Just the wolves and Sandy went in the surprise round, and I need to add the sneak attack die to his shot.  We'll be in the normal initiative order after that.

Standing up from prone does provoke an AoO, move action.

Maura's up next.

Sorry about that... Use the rolls at your discretion then.

And if I only have one AoO coming at me, I will stand.

TheTick

BTW, two-weapon fighting works very similar to 3.5E - if you have the feat, and your off-hand weapon is light, -2 to both attacks.

Lotofsnow

Maura wasn't prone. She was standing with her back to the fire based on her last position. She had no intention of falling asleep until after her watch.

Granted, if you just want to move the wolf's attack to the one it gets on its action, that's fine. But there was no opportunity attack triggered there.