Crypt of the Everflame - OOC

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott R

Quote from: Rakeesh on January 23, 2018, 08:24:19 AM
Kirdo could use a secondary meat shield, and an archer standing in the back with him might suffice;)

After looking over what it'd take to make a rogue archer useful, I think I'm going to stick with making Sandy versatile.

TheTick

Yes, you can have two traits.  Should've mentioned that - I need to start using the Big 16 questions to start these things.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Rakeesh

Quote from: Scott R on January 23, 2018, 10:12:50 AM
Quote from: Rakeesh on January 23, 2018, 08:24:19 AM
Kirdo could use a secondary meat shield, and an archer standing in the back with him might suffice;)

After looking over what it'd take to make a rogue archer useful, I think I'm going to stick with making Sandy versatile.

In that case I'll stick with 'ugly and tough' for my mutagen.

Rakeesh

Knowledge: History +3
Rolled 1d20+3 : 7 + 3, total 10
Without asking you to tell me if Kirdo believes in this stuff, Tick, a roll to see how much an outsider knows of this man from nearly 200 years ago, whether it's all verbal tradition or myth, or if it might actually have happened as the story says.

Rakeesh

A 1, a 10, statistically my next roll has to be a crit, right? To clarify, the reason I'm asking is that it's partially relevant to how much respect Kirdo has for this ritual past 'gin up a good name to sell more gin'

TheTick

An outsider wouldn't know specifics, but you would be reasonably certain that it all happened more or less the way events are described.  With some leeway for heroic exaggeration, of course.  Keep in mind with a fantasy setting, the longer-lived races may be getting first-hand accounts from their parents who were there at the time (while mostly human, the town does have at least one Dwarf, some Halflings and Gnomes, and an Elf/Half-Elf or two).
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Rakeesh

That's a good point! Hadn't thought of that.

Nighthawk

I didn't select any traits so I may make some character adjustments.

Now to pick something appropriate... Hedge Magician! Wait, no... ;)

Rakeesh

Does the ritual involve something like 'must be hand carried', or would it be rude to take it and hitch it to Hauler?

Knowledge: History +3
Rolled 1d20+3 : 8 + 3, total 11
(This is probably a much deeper dive than us needed, but I'm having rolling, and further it ties into 'make a good impression' that Kirdo is going for. A social blunder by the odd gnome would hinder that, hence the roll.

TheTick

Heh.  No one would expect you to keep it in hand the whole way there and back.  Might look at you funny if you took it from the Mayor and immediately started stuffing it in a pack in front of everybody, but hey.

Scott R

No one wants to be the lantern bearer. 

TheTick

Now I'm imagining three of you taking a giant step back leaving the other standing alone.

Rakeesh

Hey, I wasn't sure if it was an Olympic torch sitch or not:p

Or we could each try to stuff the torch into each other's hands, that could be fun!

Lotofsnow

I got this one guys. Gimme a minute.