Chapter 3 Day 1 - The Dry Season

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotofsnow

Wounded, Yiki hisses ferociously at the snake (start rage). Panting with the effort, the half-orc's fury grants him strength as he attempts to break the serpent's hold.

ooc: Raging, +4 strength, +4 Con (+2 hp, 10/16 total), +2 will, -2 AC (14); Round 1/7

Grapple 1d20+7 : 10 + 7, total 17

TheTick

Yiki's violent thrashing throws the snake off of him.  (Yiki wins the grapple check)  The wounded snake attempts to flee into the underbrush and disappears out of sight. (withdraw)
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Lotofsnow

Yiki looks around, frantically trying to locate the serpents trail.

Where did the bastard run off to? the barbarian howls in frustration.

Spot 1d20+1 : 1 + 1, total 2

SteveRogers

"Did he run off that way, the bugger?  I din't ge' a good look at 'im."

Rolled 1d20+1 : 11 + 1, total 12

pooka

Don't make me come in there!
Rolled 1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16

Sputnik314

Here snakey snakey snakey...
Rolled 1d20+2 : 12 + 2, total 14

TheTick

Everyone fans out in the general direction the snake went, but the trail quickly goes cold.  Yiki tries to follow the blood trail, but it thins out and disappears in a stand of trees.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Snakes are VERY good at hiding, even with a penalty due to the injury.  Want to go on with the trip, or keep searching?
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

SteveRogers

Bigsby pauses, puts his hands on his hips, and looks up at the sky between strands of disheveled red hair.  "Aye, Yiki.  Le' us continue onw'rds.  Le' this snake be.  Mayhaps we find some greater enemies to brawl with, aye?"

Lotofsnow

Yiki sighs, the rage visibly leaving the barbarian. One moment, he is a hurricane of anger. The next, he seems withdrawn, a bit sad, and somewhat smaller in stature.

Aye, there is some wisdom in your words, storyteller. We should continue on.

pooka

Imfei slings her mace to her pack. 
I believe the serpent is not a danger, to us.  Would we made the way safer for others, but we should proceed.

TheTick

Everyone is tense for the next few hours, and though there are a few noises that sound like wildlife, nothing jumps out at them or bites anyone.  The team makes decent time, but it's going to get dark soon...

SteveRogers

Squinting his eyes into the increasing darkness, Bigsby interjects into the moderate silence, "Mayhaps it be in our bes' int'rst to fin' some shelter before it gets much dark'r, aye?"

Sputnik314

Using dark vision, Taggart looks around for a while.
Spoiler: ShowHide
Roll?

SteveRogers

Bigsby sighs, "Before we se' up camp, i' may be for the bes' we decide who take what watch, aye?  I don' have no inklin' either way meself."

Lotofsnow

Yiki winches, dabbing at the bloody hole in his leg.

I can take first watch, but first... Storyteller, in my clan there was a singer who could, through the power of his ancient songtales, heal the wounded. Once, as a child, I was cut open while grappling with a bear. After I killed him, the clan singer touched my wounds and sang to me the tales of my most powerful ancestors. The clan-memories of their great feats flowed through me, and my wound was healed. You wouldn't be such a storyteller, would you?