[3.5E] Challenge of Challenges Challenge!

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTick

Okay, my Buffalo sports fan people might know where that title is from.  In order to get more practice with DMing/playing D&D 3.5, I'd like to host a series of 'challenges'.  I'm thinking there could be a wide range of one-off challenges, whether it's a player versus player combat, a players versus a horde of x survival challenge, a room of riddles to complete, or something else entirely.  I have a few ideas, but want to open it up to other DMs and players too.  So, ever wanted to know if your Monk can beat my Wizard?  Or how many waves of undead a 'standard' party of four adventurers can take on?  Let's find out!  Veteran players can use it to test a new build they've wanted to take for a spin, newer players can try their hand at building characters without having to worry about whether they are viable long-term.  I envision a few challenges might come with pre-made characters to just jump in with.

I'll leave this thread here to see if it garners any interest, and if you know anyone who might enjoy this, send 'em over!

Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Human

TheTick

I will be shifting the deadline for this to Friday due to distractions.  Will try to get Wilbur the Wizard's sheet done tonight though, if anyone wants to try with a generic Wiz I build.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

TheTick

Just about ready to start this!  Attaching a basic Evocation-based Wizard to this post if anyone wants to just use it.  You can change out the spells prepared easily enough, even if you don't want to completely rework him.  Used the Toad familiar to give a few extra HP, might make Alvor a bit more survivable.  Just have to finish the map!