Turn 2: Shrine Circus

Previous topic - Next topic

Derrell

"Sounds good to me.  I say we let Rann and his big weapon go in first."

Nighthawk

How wide is this doorway? Can only one person enter at a time?

Megan

Well, it's wide enough for your weapon, anyway. *snicker*

Nighthawk

Stop trying to make the self-righteous Jedi blush, please... ;)

Megan

Oh, but it's so much fun... :mrgreen:

TheTick

LOL

The door is wide enough for two to enter at a time.
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Derrell

"I'd be willing to go through with Rann. Arani and Rowrr can bring up the rear.  Arani, I'll never doubt your skills again."

T_Smith

Rorww smiles and draws his weapon.

"Sounds good to me."

Nighthawk

Rann looks awkwardly at Arani, then turns towards the doorway. "Very well."

He draws his lightsaber but does not ignite it yet, and proceeds to enter the doorway alongside Galak.

TheTick

The doorway opens into a large stone room. Glowlamps have been bolted onto the walls to provide illumination. Power cables run along the ceiling and down the corridor leading from the room. In the middle of the room, there’s a hologame table and a few chairs. Four scruffy looking men with facemasks and blasters stand near the table, their weapons ready in their hands. What do you do?
Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!

Megan

Arani peeks around Rann's shoulder and sees the men. She doesn't want to touch off a violent confrontation, but, wanting to be ready in case one happens, she uses Rann's back as a cover to surreptitiously draw her blaster. Sometimes being relatively small compared to your companions has its advantages.

Then she whispers to Rann, "Go on in. Say hello."

I hadn't stated that I'd drawn my blaster before the door was opened, so I wanted to make sure I got that out there.

TheTick

To be more precise, their guns are ready to fire.  You can tell right away they are not interested in talking.  Knew I should've tweaked that pregen text.  Ugh.

Derrell

Galak would like to end the confrontation without violence, but isn't sure it's possible.     Galak leans in and whispers "I wonder if we can convince them to surrender without attacking."  Galak raises his blaster and prepares to fight.

If possible, Galak will take a step to the side while raising his blaster.  I trust Rowrr, but I'm not sure if he's tall enough to fire over my head.

T_Smith

"I suggest one of two paths. Path A leads to backtracking to see if we could find an alternate route. Path B, we see if we could lure one or two of them close range, out of sight of the others and see if we could give ourselves an advantage in numbers. You know- the ol' divide an conquer mantra? That... or perhaps we could shoot out the lights quick enough without getting their attention, but I don't think we are quite that accurate."

Nighthawk

Quote from: "Derrell"Galak would like to end the confrontation without violence, but isn't sure it's possible.     Galak leans in and whispers "I wonder if we can convince them to surrender without attacking."  Galak raises his blaster and prepares to fight.

"I somehow don't think that's likely to happen... But..." He lets out a subtle sigh. "Everyone find cover... Here goes nothing."

Lightsaber in hand, Rann tries to maintain cover between he and the men as he approaches. He's sure not to block the line of fire of the others.

You guys got it easy with your ranged weapons...