The Legend of Korra Season Finale – You Gotta Deal With It!
We have watched the Korra finale a few times now in these parts, and I love it. There are many who don’t, and they would be wrong. That is not to say that there weren’t problems or things that could’ve been tweaked, some silly choices, but you know what? I didn’t even think of them while watching, too caught up in what was happening. I was stifling cheers and “oh sh*t no!” and “I totally called that!” and everything else you say while watching a show that has gotten you emotionally invested.
My favorite parts (SPOILERS):
- The Lieutenant (seems wrong he doesn’t have a name!) stomping on his mask after witnessing Amon bloodbending.
- Naga again being the most effective member of Team Avatar.
- Turning around all we know about Amon and Tarrlok, and showing how your past comes back to haunt you. You actually come to feel…not sorry, maybe, but you understand how hard things were for Amon (I don’t have the right spelling for his real name yet). The use of Aang’s voice actor was interesting.
- When Korra announces that Amon is a waterbender in front of the Equalists, and we see his eyes narrow – FINALLY she’s gotten through his defenses.
- Aang showing up at the end. She made the spiritual connection – she’d been closer and closer over the past few episodes – and seeing Aang, and Kyoshi, and Roku…worked for me.
- Lin Beifong getting her bending back. YES.
- Iroh Man flying around.
- Mako/Korra. Just don’t like them together, and I really don’t like how Mako strung Asami along.
- I can come up with an explanation for how Korra could still airbend after Amon de-bended her but it takes some work. Eh.
- The United Forces were pretty lame. I realize they were fighting unknown weapons, but still.
- When Korra was hiding and Amon walked past her spot, why didn’t she just trap him with earthbending? Not enough room to move?
- Tenzin and the family still being captured. Got another Meelo line out of it, but…very plot-convenient.